XXXV

Lavender knocked on the door. Her shaking hand was a testimony to how stressed she was. The buzzing in her pocket told her that Vincent was calling her for a second time.

He's going to yell at me for stealing his money.

Lavender's heart dropped. When the door opened her mouth fell open and she took a step back.

A big, bearded, dirty man stepped out.

"Who the hell are you? You're a pretty little girl. Look at them legs-" The man reached for Lavender and she stepped backwards. The sidewalk feeling like it was about to move under her feet.

The phone in her pocket kept buzzing.

Finally she took a peek at her phone. Vincent had texted her that he was on his way and he had talked to Victoria.

Shoot, she had told Vicky where she used to live.

Frowning she saw the man coming closer.

"If you're not gonna tell me who the fuck you are or put that little body to use than get the hell off my property." His voice grounded out.

Lavender's eyebrows came together. Who was this man?

"My m-mother lives here." Lavender's voice was so shaky and her eyes began to watered.

"Well you're the little shit who can't help her own family out. I should teach you a lesson. Your mother and I have been together for a while." The ugly monster kept talking.

What?

Lavender's knees almost gave out. Her mother with this man. Where was her dad? What was happening. Why couldn't she breathe?

She didn't get time to move before the man gripped her by her arm extremely tight and pulled her inside. Lavender wiggled to get out of his grip. Her phone buzzing again. Oh, Vincent come save me.

"Lavender? What the hell are you doing here?!" Her mother screamed while she grabbed at the drugs and alcohol covering the table.

"Mama! What's g-going on? Where is dad? What are you doing? What is that?!" Lavender was sobbing now that big man had finally let go of her.

Dirt covered the floor and counters. A condom was laid across the couch. Lavender was going to throw up. Or pass out or both.

"Your father left us Lavender! That's why I needed the money. I couldn't deal with it-the hurt. I met him, he's so amazing. He showed me how to get rid of the pain. I need more money, tell me you brought it or get the fuck out." Her mother sneered.

Lavender's whole world came crashing down. This was not happening, she was not losing everyone at once.

"You heard her little fucker, give your mama the money and get out." The man behind Lavender grunted out. Lavender panicked.

"I don't e-even have money to get back home all the way!" Lavender's legs finally gave out beneath her. The tears pooling in her eyes as her mother came so close to her. Pulling her up by her ear, her mother raised her hand and slapped Lavender.

"You ungrateful little bitch! You're a slut that's good for nothing. I'm ashamed to have you as a daughter how dare you not help me, after everything I did for this family. I'm falling apart baby. Help me, please. I didn't mean to hurt you." Her mother cupped Lavender's face, but it was too late.

Lavender stood up with enough force and moved towards the door. She had no chance to open it as it flew open.

Vincent.

Her saving grace.

He was going to be so mad. He probably hated her now.

Before another thought could cross her mind. Or before she could confess her apologies. Vincent pulled her to his chest.