XX

A few days had passed since Vincent's party. Since Lavender had given him that friendship bracelet. Lavender played with the bracelet, wondering how she got so lucky to be friends with someone like Vincent.

"Lavender! I've been calling your name for a while. What's got you so distracted?" Mr. Ripley asked Lavender who seemed to get flustered.

You're grandson, thought Lavender.

Oh shoot. The thought only made her smile grow and face blossom with more heat.

"N-Nothing!" Lavender said quickly as she moved to grab more books. The days after her panic attack had made her realize it was going to be okay.

She was happy.

Loved.

Victoria had been going on more dates with Leo, she had told poor Lavender about how he kissed Victoria. Lavender had covered her ears as a fierce fire found itself burning her rosy cheeks.

Victoria loved Lavender's innocence, it was rare in such an impure world.

Lavender had moved to the ladder and was reaching for a book as the door to the shop opened. Suddenly, she wished to be in a different aisle. Not for long because as soon as Lavender caught sight of her professor, she struggled to maintain her balance.

Vincent had come to talk to his grandfather, seeing his favorite student would just be a plus to his journey.

The bracelet on both of their wrist told Ripley all he needed to know.

"Make sure she doesn't fall or anything." Ripley had told his grandson before heading to the back of the store.

Vincent had made his way over to a very flustered Lavender.

They said nothing.

Lavender reached to put another book away but the tension of the moment made her foot slip. Before Lavender had the chance of falling a single step, two warm hands held her side with a strong grip.

"I did that on purpose!" Lavender managed out. A small giggle escaped her pouty lips.

"Hmm. I think that's enough ladder for today." Vincent's tone was serious, he wouldn't have her injured under his watchful eye.

Lavender immediately got down, the tone he used made her want to listen. Before she had taken the last step, Vincent held his hand out. She took it, not before seeing he had his bracelet on.

"You're wearing it!" She exclaimed with a bright smile.

Vincent's heart watched the way she had looked at him. Those eyes that always seemed to water in the happiest moments.

"Of course I'm wearing it. I'm not taking it off either. Ever." Vincent had to make sure she understood.

He was her friend. Though he wasn't sure how long that would last, perhaps they would stay friends. And that would be okay, being her friend was enough for Vincent. As long as this light was a part of his life, he would cherish it.

"I think that it looks good on you!" Lavender exclaimed as she grabbed her bag. The small bunny had been stuffed into the tight space.

Vincent watched as the stuffed rabbit fell out of Lavender's bag. His large form bent to pick the fluffy bunny up. Lavender had continued walking and did not notice the way she had left behind her stuffie.

Vincent's long fingers smoothed over the fabric within his hands.

"Lavender, baby you drop something." His warm voice made Lavender instantly turn around. Her eyes widened at the sight of her silly bunny in the hands of her new friend.