XVII

Lavender was almost in tears as she saw the amount of money she had made from her raise. She was also angry at the fact that Victoria had given her the money for babysitting Fluffs. The amount alone was enough to pay her rent.

Lavender didn't deserve this, at least that is what she kept telling herself.

Nonetheless she had paid her rent for the behind month, and now had enough to paid for this month. She had never felt such relief.

Her eyes watered making her way to the bookstore extra early. She couldn't go anywhere before thanking Rippy.

Lavender hummed to herself as she chew on her sweatshirt string.

"Lavender! What are you doing child? Get in here!" Ripley had stated as he saw the girl outside the shop. Lavender quickly made her way inside.

"Rippy-" Lavender tried to say thank you but her eyes had betrayed her again.

Such a crybaby, she thought.

"It's okay, I know. I hope you enjoyed the raise. I hope you understand that's just the starting raise." Once Mr. Ripley had said that she wrapped her hands around him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Rippy I-" Lavender hiccuped as she tried to speak faster than she could think.

"You are very welcomed! Now you better head to class, don't wanna be late do you?" Ripley watched as his words made the girl frantically rush out the store.

She was the epitome of kindness.

Once she made it to her first class, she understood that it was okay to get help.

It felt good.

Soon the second lecture of the day had come around, Lavender's favorite class. She couldn't help but fear he found her bunny. Lavender knew he would never speak to her again after finding such a stupid and childish thing.

Breathe, Lavender.

Victoria was talking about her date with Leo. Lavender wanted her to be happy, wanted her to find her other half.

Lavender wanted to find the person who held the other half of her soul. Maybe it was silly of her to believe in such a thing as soulmates. Lavender couldn't help it, she wanted someone to love her like that.

Lavender was too blinded from her naïve heart to understand her other half was right there. Within reach.

Victoria laughed at the way Lavender zoned out.

———-

After all of her classes, Lavender made her way to the library. She was behind in her maths class and it frustrated her.

Victoria was supposed to be arriving soon, to work on their project together.

Lavender continued her work as a pounding headache began to overtake her. She pushed through it.

Hours had passed and the noise of her stomach growling had her back to reality very quickly. Lavender had wanted something sweet. For once she had just enough money to splurge.

Holding her breath, Lavender made her way to the lady working at the little cafe.

"What do you want?" The woman who's tag read 'Kayla' had asked Lavender. In her anxious state, Lavender pointed with her little finger at the slice strawberry cheesecake.

"What? You can't speak, say what you want." The employee said. Lavender bit her lip.

Don't cry. Don't cry.

Why did she have to be so sensitive.

"I'm s-sorry! The cheesecake- strawberry!" Lavender had rushed out quickly. Her tear filled eyes were betraying her. Luckily they calmed their rising oceans before the tide could tumble over.