X

Lavender was cuddled into a soft blanket beside Victoria. They were spending the day together, before they would be heading to Vincent's mother's Christmas party.

"This movie is scary, so be warned." Victoria said laughing.

Lavender did not like horror films, she preferred Disney or romance movies any day. But she didn't want Vicky to think she was a wimp. Taking a deep breath she held the blanket closer to herself.

Blood splattered the screen as screams echoed throughout the silent house.

Most of the movie Lavender spent her time hiding behind the blanket. Victoria laughed every time Lavender jumped or squealed and closed her eyes.

"It's not that bad." Victoria laughed as she watched Lavender shake her head under the fuzzy blanket.

"I don't like it!" She whispered softly from under the blanket.

It's fine.

It's fake.

Breathe, Lavender.

Without realizing it, Lavender had fallen into a deep sleep.

Victoria turned the television off once she realized Lavender had fallen asleep. Playing on her phone, she would wake Lav up after a good nap.

—————

Lavender stirred in her sleep.

Waking up to Victoria poking her was enough to make her giggle. She laughed and sat up in a daze.

"We need to start getting ready right now!" Her tone tried to be firm, but she just ended up laughing again. Lavender stood up and went to take a shower.

The warm water droplets traced her milky skin, it threaten to lull her back to sleep.

She wrapped herself in the huge fluffy towel drying her hair with another. Lavender looked in the mirror for a split second. She looked different, tired but something else.

Happier.

Lavender sat in the vanity chair as Victoria did her hair.

The warm conversation lingered in the air of Victoria's apartment. She was so glad for Lavender. She was an amazing friend and simply the kindest person she knew.

"All done!" Vicky exclaimed as she let go of the last piece of curled hair.

Lavender nodded and ushered her out of the room. She took of her robe and her skin chilled. Lavender packed only a dress. She had never wore this dress and was hesitant.

She slid into the tight light purple dress. It had tiny white flowers on it, it was so pretty. Though when she looked in the mirror she didn't feel pretty.

Her pale, thighs poked out more than she liked. Her stomach was bloated from eating such a good meal today.

Lavender bit her lip.

Don't cry.

You're pretty.

You're loved.

It's fine. Breathe, Lavender.

After she calmed down a bit, she wrapped a matching white zipper sweater on her cold arms. She cursed herself for bringing something so casual. She slipped on some white trainers as well. She didn't do good with heels.