XVI

Meow..

Lavender let out a tired yawn as a big meow woke her up. Her face lit up at Fluffs who was kneading the blanket that laid upon her. Where had that come from? Lavender was confused but figure she probably grabbed it, because she was cold.

Wrapping the blanket around herself before standing up, Lavender watched as the kitten stretched out. She picked the small kitty up and made her way to the Vincent's office.

"Fluffs, I'll put you in your bed. You are still sleepy!" She babbled happily to the brown ball of fluff.

Light footsteps sounded outside of Vincent's office. He knew it was her.

He had talked to Victoria asking where she was, and why Lavender had been in his apartment. She apologized and started laughing when I told her how Lavender fell asleep with my kitten.

The door slowly opened and Lavender continued to talk to the kitty. "Fluffs, I love you so much! I have to get your breakfast! You need a nappie though." Lavender laughed and placed the kitten down.

"Fluffs?" Vincent questioned. He hadn't meant to startled Lavender, but she stumbled and looked straight at Vincent.

Vincent was surrounded by paperwork, the timid girl shied away from him.

"Victoria told me, you're fine. Except for you named my cat-" Vincent had started, jokingly.

"It's j-just a nickname!" Lavender exclaimed in fear he was upset. She dropped the blanket she had been clutching around her neck and body.

"I know-" Nobody had cut Vincent off this time, except for himself.

The small bruise and scratch was forming form her picking at her neck. Last night, her fingers were brutal to her pretty skin. He wondered how hard she was pinching. He knew that he wouldn't be able to stop this habit, but he tried.

He would try.

"Lavender, sit." Vincent voice was laced with a sudden hardness. It was a command from deep within his chest.

It got Lavender moving her butt quickly to the chair in front of his desk.

"You stay, I need to go get something." Vincent stood up to his full height, and made his way out of the room.

Lavender was scared, why had he left like that. It had only been a few minutes but she only needed a few seconds to start panicking.

Her breath caught in her throat as she stood up quickly, she made her way to Fluffs. Picking her up, she held the kitty up to her constricted airway.

Why was she so upset?

What was taking Vincent so long?

Vincent had only walked out of the room to grab a first aid kit, but he wandered into the kitchen, he looked through his fridge. He turned back around sitting the container on the granite countertop.

Making his way to his office he held his cup of coffee and sweet cup of apple juice for Lavender.

Once he walked back into the room, Lavender had turned her head back around quickly. She looked at what he was holding in his hand.

Was he thirsty? She thought. Of course he is, why else would he have those.

Lavender thought about it for a second, she felt a bit parched too, oh well.

"Have you seen what you did to your poor neck. I don't know how many times I am going to have to tell you. I got you that ring, you gotta use it, baby." Vincent had almost not said it, but he knew it would get her attention, and that's what he wanted.