XXIX

Lavender had woken up in a very familiar and warm bed. She smiled when the smell of Vincent's fresh sheets filled her senses. Grabbing the blanket, she snuggled deeper into the warm bed.

It made her feel so wanted, like she belonged. It was the day before the trip and Lavender had been sleeping over at his apartment almost every night before then. Vincent let her sleep a little later, knowing that the trip and packing would wear her out.

Lavender stretched and retreated back into a curled fetal position. Her back relaxing into the shape of the bed. The flight was scheduled for that night and Lavender was growing anxious.
Plus she was too tired to get up with the thought of the incredulous day of packing that was in plan. Her eyes were fluttering closed again when the door to the room opened.

Vincent had come to get Lavender up before she missed breakfast. Rosa was coming over for lunch and Vincent wanted Lavender up and ready.

Lavender snuggled into the blankets that surround her. The soft fabric was pressed tightly to her chest and Fluffs curled in a little ball beside her.

Vincent took soft steps to the end of the bed. His warm hand patted Lavender's back as if telling her it was time to get up. Lavender was grumbling and twisting in the bed. Vincent's hand rubbed over her small waist. Pulling his sweatshirt down from where it had rode up. A smoothing gesture for her soft skin.

"Time to get up, sweet girl. We got to get some breakfast in before Rosa arrives." Vincent tried to sit her up, but she pulled away. He understood that she needed to sleep, but they had all afternoon for that.

They had to go to her apartment and grab her things, Vincent was excited. He would spend the day with his girl and finally see her living accommodations. It made him nervous at the same time, that she hadn't yet allowed him to see that part of her life. It mostly concerned him deeply.

"Baby. I'm going to give you another minute, but if you're not bothering to listen to me I'm dragging you out of bed myself." Vincent started having hope that it would work.

"My mother is coming soon and she misses you." Vincent was sure she'd sit up at that, but she didn't.

"No..." Lavender mumbled as Vincent went to grab her. Kicking his hands away, he knew that this reaction was her way of acting out. Though he still didn't understand why.

Lavender's eyes were shut tightly by force and she shoved her face into the pillow. Ignoring Vincent all together.

"Why are you being so stubborn, baby?" Vincent inquired, he didn't understand what had gotten into Lavender.

He would soon find out though, what it was bothering his girl. Lavender's eyes opened wide at the thought of letting down Vincent's mother, Rosa. She sat up quickly, realizing that it wasn't okay to sleep all day. Even if that's all she wanted.

Before Lavender's feet hit the ground she was being hoisted into Vincent's arms like she weighed nothing. Lavender wondered again when he found the time to work out. He was so big and strong. Smushing her face into his shoulder while he carried her downstairs, she felt bad for not getting up, smelling his deep tones of aftershave.

"I'm sorry." Lavender's voice came out raspy and laced with sleep.

"I know you were just tired, but let's eat. My mom is coming later, before that, we have to go pack. We are leaving for the flight tonight." Vincent explained as he sat her feet down towards the cool floor.

"When will Rosa be here?" Lavender's eyes watered, she missed Vincent's mother dearly.

Vincent moved to get Lavender a small breakfast, since it was almost ten in the morning. Giving them barely any time to get to her apartment and pack.