XXI

More time had passed and Lavender was becoming more attached to Vincent.

Sitting in class, she smiled because one, it was her favorite class, two, it was only a half lecture day. Meaning, Lavender would spend the rest of her day with Rosa and Victoria.

Perhaps the exact reason she couldn't sit still. Lavender tried not to bounce her leg, and play with her ring. But her excitement had gotten the better of her, as she talked to Victoria the rest of class.

Soon the other students were heading out and Lavender jumped up with the biggest smile Vincent had ever seen crossed her face.

He watched as she made her way up the steps to the stage. Straight towards him.

What was she doing?

"I wanted to tell you that you look very p-pretty today! No! I mean handsome!" Lavender was blushing a wild red, she had just wanted to compliment him.

Vincent's face had tinged for a second. Her words and adorable personality was the cause of such a reaction.

He had never blushed.

What was she doing to him.

"I think you are prettier. Actually the prettiest." Vincent had watched the way her eyes teared up when he had said that. She shook her head at her Professor before Victoria was yelling at her. 

"Stop flirting with Vincent and let's go! I am hungry." Victoria exclaimed as Lavender's mouth fell open.

She wasn't flirting.

Lavender didn't even know how to flirt.

She was trying to be nice.

Her head whipped towards Vincent, who's face held an annoyed expression pointed at his cousin. Lavender searched for answers on his face, and when he shook his head as if telling Lavender to forget what Victoria had said.

She did. Lavender had never flirted in her life. She wasn't flirting. Right?

Lavender at least hoped she didn't by accident. She wanted to be Vincent's friend forever. Lavender knew he would never want her like that, nobody ever had.

———

Lavender let out a small laugh as Victoria plopped down on the couch after she had been on the phone with Rosalinda. Lavender wondered what Rosa had called about. As if reading Lavender's thoughts Victoria continued.

"She invited us to a dinner tonight. I'm so tired, but free food, you know." Victoria dragged out as she eyed Lavender's reaction.

Lavender didn't like restaurants, they were to crowded and loud.

"What do you say? Ripley and Vincent will be there. I called Leo to see if he wanted to come as well, but he is working tonight."

Lavender nodded as her stomach twisted with anxiety. With a big gulp, her and Victoria started the movie.

A stupid horror one again. It was Victoria's turn to pick and Lavender couldn't be unfair.

Lavender also couldn't watch it any longer after hearing all the screaming. Her pretty eyes started watering as she jumped up and told Victoria she was going to take a nap.

"Scaredy cat." Victoria laughed as Lavender frowned. Though it didn't last very long time as she pulled the bunny close to her chest.

Lavender fumbled over her words she had called her professor earlier that day, as she laid down on the huge bed. Lavender had worked extra hard at the bookstore recently and her back immediately relaxed at the soft bedding.