Nightmare

Erwin left the office as quickly and inconspicuously as possible and stepped out of the room before closing the door right behind him. He didn't want him to notice, but he just couldn't stand Levi's presence any longer. He ran a few steps down the hallway and stopped behind the next corner, where he leaned against the wall with a sigh and grabbed his forehead.

Shit, it almost happened again. When Levi had sat on the bed and looked up at him with his gray eyes, Erwin had nearly caved in and almost repeated the same mistake from yesterday. What was wrong with him all of a sudden? Why couldn't he stay near Levi for even an hour without going mad about him?

He had tried. He had really pulled himself together. Had wanted to spend an ordinary evening among friends. But he had not succeeded. Every single touch, every random stroke of his hand, every look that met his. It had all nearly driven him insane.

As if yesterday afternoon hadn't been confusing enough, he had only seen this man in front of him all night and could still feel it in his mind. The touch of his lips on his neck, his hands stroking his chest and back, the blow of his hot breath on his skin, and his soft moan against his ear.

He shook his head violently. Levi was his subordinate. Levi was a man. Levi was ...

Startled, he lowered his hand again and immediately pushed himself off the wall before he saw the two Military Police officers turning the corner. He greeted them with a stoic expression and continued down the corridor as if nothing had happened before hastily descending the stairs.

What was he doing here anyway? He was making a complete fool of himself. With all those jokes about flowers and the tea, he had already bought with Levi in mind after a former comrade had recommended the tea store. The offer to teach him at all costs, even though Levi could do it perfectly on his own with the help of Erwin's notes. The urge to touch him at every opportunity. What was the point of all this? Had he completely lost his mind?
Also, the idea of getting them both something to eat. What was that supposed to be? He had wanted to teach him the syllables, not ask him out on a damn date. What the hell was wrong with him? Even now that they were getting along so well, this man was just driving him mad.

"Excuse me. If you want us to bring something up to your office, you're going to have to tell us what you want."

He looked at the fellow standing at a stove a few feet away from him, who was observing him with a puzzled look while raising his eyebrows.

Erwin hadn't even noticed that he had already reached the kitchen. Without saying too many words, he placed his order before turning around and heading up the stairs.

Once at the top, he took another deep breath as he walked down the hall and toward his office with his head held high. Stopping just before the door, he adjusted the collar of his shirt before reaching for the handle and entering the office.

"I hope you like a cold meal. Since you said you weren't hungry yet..." he began as he stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. But he stumbled when it remained quiet in response to his words.

He had avoided Levi's gaze, but now he raised his head to look in his direction. He frowned in confusion when he discovered Levi lying with his half body on the sofa and with his eyes closed.

Had he fallen asleep? Even though he had seemed so exhausted to Erwin, this was indeed surprising.

Slowly he walked towards him and already put his hand on his shoulder before he stopped and withdrew his hand. Instead of waking him up, he turned around and grabbed his jacket, which was lying on one of the backrests, and turned back to Levi. He pulled his shoes off his feet with one hand and lifted his legs up onto the sofa while placing the oversized jacket over him. Levi seemed so exhausted that he didn't even move at Erwin's touch.