Orphaned

Jess had gone back to the loft and had just taken off her leather jacket when Peter came rushing down the stairs.

"Okay are you just always here?" The witch asked.

"We're going to the Vets, come on." Peter instructed, grabbing her arm and jacket and dragging her back down the stairs.

"How do you know that?" She questioned but she didn't get a response. They drove to the clinic in silence and burst in to find Derek and Stiles trying to hold a Lacrosse player down. 

"Hey Derek? How about a little werewolf strength?" Stiles requested.

"Yeah I'm not the only one here with a little werewolf strength." Derek retorted. 

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him." Deaton warned. Jess went to move to help but Peter grabbed her arm and held her still. She looked at the wolf questioningly but he didn't respond, just continued watching the scene play out.

"Derek, he's slipping! I don't think I can hold him!" Said Stiles. The wolf then managed to break free of the grip that was being held on him and started running towards Jess and Peter.

The older wolf moved and punched the lacrosse werewolf, knocking him out cold. "Guess I have a little werewolf strength myself." Peter commented.

"Yeah... Maybe more than a little." Derek replied as he covered scratch marks on his arm. Jess then walked into the room, rubbing her wrist where Peter had been holding her.

"Hey, Doc? I don't think he's breathing!" Spoke Stiles as he checked the wolf's pulse. Deaton immediately rushed over and made an incision on the guy's chest which made a small, yellow cloud of smoke appear.

Peter eyed Derek and Jess carefully, noticing that the witch wasn't in pain and that the scratch marks were still on his nephew's arm.

"Is he okay?" Jess asked.

"I think he'll be fine, but probably out for a little while." Answered Deaton.

"Guys can you hear that?" Stiles queried after spotting the boy's lips moving. 

Deaton leaned in so that his ear was right against the boy's mouth. "'Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, the truth' It's Buddhist." 

"Satomi." Jess realised.

                                                                                                         ~~~~~~

It was a few hours later and Jess and Derek had just arrived back at the loft. The witch had so many questions like why she wasn't able to feel Derek's scratches.

"Der, are we gonna talk about it?" Jess asked.

"There's nothing to talk about, Jess." He responded, walking over to their bed. 

The witch rolled her eyes and threw her hands up in the air. "Are you kidding me? 'Nothing to talk about'? What about how you weren't able to feel Peter's grip on me? What about me not being able to feel that guy clawing you? What about how you weren't healing?"

Derek put his head in his hands. "I'm not talking about this. I need to find Satomi."

"You can't track, Derek, and you can't follow Satomi's scent or her pack right now. I'll find Braeden and go." Jess replied, going over to the cupboard and filling her bag with weapons. "I'll see you later, Der."

Jess walked out of the loft and down to her car before pulling out her phone. "Braeden, hey. Are you in Beacon Hills?"

"Yeah I am, what's up?" The mercenary responded.