Formality

"Deaton! Everything hurts, what's going on?" Jess called out as Stiles helped her walk through the Vets clinic doors. 

Deaton appeared round the corner, "Stiles, thank you for bringing her to me. I suggest you go home now. Ms Carrington and I have some things to discuss."

"Uh okay. Jess, call me later, okay?" Stiles requested as he walked out. She just nodded, only feeling numbness all over her body.

Deaton waited for Stiles to leave before he ushered Jess into the exam room. "I hope you don't mind but I'm also trying to help Scott here."

"Deaton, what happened?"

The vet froze, unsure of how to proceed. "I've been keeping tabs on Derek since he thought I was the alpha... He brought Jackson to the Hale house where Peter was supposed to meet them. Scott got there first though... He and Derek fought a little but then the Argents showed up... Jackson's fine, Derek bought him and Scott time to escape..."

"The hunters have my boyfriend?" Jess asked in disbelief.

"Yes. I saw Scott had been shot multiple times though so I followed him and brought him back here."

"I can heal him."

"We need to get the poison out first but could you take his pain while I do it?"

"Of course... Can we talk more once Scott's okay?"

"I'm already knowing your question, Jessica. I'm afraid I don't know where he is."

                                                                                          ~~~~~~

It was another few hours before Scott began to stir. "Deaton." Jess called out.

Deaton immediately came over and held Scott's shoulder. "Welcome back to the land of the conscious. You doing okay?" Scott went to stand up only to have Jess and his boss push him back down. "Maybe you should sit down, huh?"

Scott just nodded before the bell rang out, signalling someone had walked in even though the sign said the clinic was closed. Deaton put his hand to his mouth, indicating for them to keep quiet before walking over to the doorway. "Hello?"

"I'm here to pick up." A voice said that Jess instantly recognised.

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off." Deaton responded.

"This one wandered in on its own."

"Even if he did, I'm afraid we can't help you. We're closed."

"Well I think you can make an exception this one time, don't you?"

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours?"

"You have something of mine. I'm here to collect." Peter said, his irritation evident in his voice. 

"Like I said, we're closed."

"... Mountain Ash. That's an old one." Jess and Scott looked at each in confusion. 

"Let me be as clear as possible: We. Are. Closed." There was then silence but it was clear Peter was talking to Scott as the young beta then whispered a name.

"Allison." Scott then immediately ran off leaving a confused Jess and Deaton. It was then that it clicked in Jess' mind where Derek was.

                                                                                        ~~~~~~

Jess arrived at the Hale house and silently made her way around to the entrance of the cellar. She marked her way round just in case things went wrong and they needed Scott to save them. Just when she approached the entrance there was a hand on her shoulder. "Jessica Carrington. Funny seeing you here..."