Co-Captain

"The hell do you want Peter?" Derek growled out as his uncle kept hold of his girlfriend's throat.

"I want you to be in my pack, the Hale pack." Peter stated. "I'd also like to see my beta."

"You may have turned... turned Scott... but he's not your pack... He's too good." Jess attempted to say. "Derek... Don't join..."

"Peter, I'll do whatever you want just let her go." Derek said. Peter looked at his nephew as if he was checking his sincerity before tightening his hold and lifting the girl up by her throat. "PETER!" 

Peter released his hold on Jess, dropping her to the floor. Derek immediately rushed to her side as she tried to get air back into her lungs. "I also want her to work with the pack." Peter said as Derek held his girlfriend close to his chest while whispering in her ear comforting words.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked Jess.

"Yeah... Yeah I'm fine."

"Uh hello? Forgotten about me?" Peter questioned.

"Trying to." Jess answered.

"You know I do appreciate your fire, Jessica. If only you would use that for me instead of against me."

"Back off, Peter." Derek growled. "You already have me in your pack, I know you're gonna try getting Scott in too, leave Jess alone." 

"She can do things you can't dear nephew. Besides you two are mates meaning you're a package deal."

Derek helped Jess stand up but kept one arm around her waist to keep her steady. "I don't even know what I can do." Jess responded.

"I can teach you."

                                                                                         ~~~~~~

Derek had refused to let go of Jess; he kept his arm around her the entire time they were around Peter then when he was driving, he held her hand in his.

"I'm not going to hurt her, Derek, we're here for my beta." Peter stated, rolling his eyes as his nephew dragged him out of the drivers side of the car to avoid being near Jess.

"Don't care, you're not going anywhere near her." Derek responded as he walked over to Jess, wrapping an arm around her. 

"Derek, I'll be fine, I'm not made of glass." Jess assured him, placing a hand on his chest causing him to look at her.

"Not to ruin the moment but I'm wanting to find my beta. Where is he?" Peter spoke irritably, crossing his arms which earned him a glare from the couple.

"If the game's still going then he's on the field, if it's over then locker room probably." Jess answered.

"Lead the way young witch." 

                                                                                    ~~~~~~

They walked into the locker room and Peter immediately turned off the lights and grabbed a ball before walking off with the couple following. Derek pulled Jess closer into his side only to have her roll her eyes and move away slightly since she was fed up of his protectiveness. 

Scott was wandering around the room, very confused about why the lights turned off. Peter then rolled the ball over to some lockers. The youngest wolf followed the ball as it started rolling towards the showers, picking it up. He continued walking towards the showers where he then found Derek and Jess.

"Thank god, where have you been?!" Scott asked. "Do you have any idea what's been going on?"

"Scott... I'm so sorry." Jess whispered, finally meeting the boy's eyes before Peter came around the corner behind him.