14 | My Future Is Like A Passing Season

"How long do we still have to go?"

I had my arms around Yixing's shoulder, my feet dangling in air as he walked between the trees, with me hanging on his back like a literal monkey. He chuckled when heard my whining, and took a turn to the corner.

I sighed. Finally. The lake was here. Yixing put me down on the ground and I leaned to him as I winced. My feet were not completely healed, thanks to my father, which was why Yixing had to lift me on his back for half of the walk. He snaked his arm around my waist and I smiled gratefully. "This is beautiful," I mumbled as I looked ahead.

"Yes. It is." He patted my shoulder. We sat down on the carpet he had packed for the venture. I put an ear plug into my ear and gave him the second one as we laid down, basking under the sun.

That was the thing with him. We could stay silent, just being in our own minds, and still his presence would make my world a little bit more bearable.

"How's Eun Sang?" I asked. A deep sigh escaped his lips, and I waited. I waited for him to say that Eun Sang was fine. Apparently her ex husband attacked her the day my father visited me. God knew where Sunhee was. I didn't know the woman personally, but as a human I felt her terror.

"She's fine. Traumatized but fine." Yixing pulled me closer. "When I saw Eun sang that day, the way she coward away from me, startled... the way everything went down. It made me think of you."

I stilled. "What do you mean?"

For a moment he said nothing as if contemplating his words. "Nothing," he replied. "Like you would have kicked his ass if you guys were friends." Ruffling my hair, he got up and went to the lakeside. I followed him. He was staring into the water and seemed to be in a deep thought.

"You're frowning."

"Oh... I was just.. It's nothing." Shaking his head, Yixing turned to me, and smiled. "Ummm.. You never told me what happened to you that day. How did you get... hurt?"

I touched my forehead. "Ah.. Didn't I tell you that I slipped in the bathroom? Sorry. You got a call about Eun sang, so I forgot." I looked around. "And, don't worry. I was crying because I'm going to have my periods soon. Must be hormones."

"Yeah. Must be." Yixing cupped my cheek. "If you ever feel like crying again, call me."

"You want to see me cry?" I chuckled.

He shook his head. "I want to hold you as you cry."

"Cheesy," I muttered. "5nyx is debuting tomorrow. Aren't you coming to the debute stage?" I asked. "Hyun Jae or we can say Alanna will be happy to have my surprise visit. I've not talked to her in months."

Yixing took my hand in his, and placed an arm around my waist. "Well, Junmyeon is going. I'll be there too. Do you want me to pick you up on my way?" he pulled me closer as he started swaying on non existent music.

"I would love that." I chuckled as I followed his lead. He twirled me around and I giggled. I fucking giggled like a teenager. Gosh. I hated this version of myself as much as I loved being with Yixing. He smiled as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and stared at him.

We laid back in the carpet then. An hour or so passed just like that. Him playing with my hair and me humming to the music we were listening.

"What are you thinking?" He asked after the song ended.

"About how you still haven't taken advantage of our friends with benifit thing." I looked up at him and he shook his head. His ears turned red. "Zhang Yixing, are you blushing?"

He avoided my eyes. "Do you want a sandwich?" he sat up.

"Ah... Are you actually imagining it in your thoughts?" I pulled him down and placed my chin on his chest as I stared at him. "I heard about it. I know now that Sana is in a relationship with Xiumin. Aren't you sad?"