Chapter 32. I'm Yours

Start from the beginning

Look Neveah... look for me...

I followed the voice, searching. And there it was. Everything good in this world, everything I'd fight for.

I felt the flame in my chest, burning hotter and hotter. Spreading to my legs, my arms, my fingertips. Power Power Power... I was engulfed with it. My body burned yellow and red. I bled magic. And he burned.

I could see again. I saw him clutching where there used to be a hand, and I saw his eyes widen. He looked almost... scared. The cloud did not surround us but instead a field of red. It all traced back to me.

My body was overflowing, unable to contain it all. Merlin... it hurt. But, fuck it feels amazing. I threw my head back, releasing every ounce of magic I had.

And the world exploded.

When I opened my eyes again... I was in my bed. Soaked in sweat and agitation. Clouds did not surround me but instead Hermione's snores across the room. My chest rose and fell a thousand times over.

A dream? No. Not possible. He found me... and I escaped.

Draco Malfoy

'Stalking' is a strong word. I'd rather use, observing, studying. Though it's not my choice to follow her around. At least not completely.

"So... you two are together? Dating. Boyfriend and girlfriend?" Granger asked her.

"Yes. That's right." Her sweet voice. Honey.

"Just recently, but we wanted to tell you." Fucking Potter.

There's a downfall to my observations. A whole lot of useless chatter, and too many things I'd rather not know. But, the sooner I find it, the quicker this can end. With minimal bloodshed.

Dating. Dating Harry Potter. The chosen one.

Delightful, honestly. She's no longer occupied with me... so why am I so keen on following her every move. Not even the important ones. The way she walks, brushes her hair to one side, licks her lips. Observing.

It was always him... wasn't it?

A loose thread. That's all she was now. She knew my weaknesses, my vulnerability... all her. And she needed to be cut off. Something I could never do... but I must.

Two tasks. Two tasks I continue to fail. One, I tried to make it easy for everyone. The other, I tried to find a second path. Failure. That's all it was, all it will ever be.

Impatient. They're almost as impatient as me. Waiting for the moment it's done. Where it's all over. The only difference is that I won't be able to recover like the rest.

It's almost time. I'm not ready... you have no choice Draco.

Yes, that's right. How could I forget?

They were leaving, thankfully in their own directions. I wove through bookshelves. Stalking- observing... preying perhaps?

Neveah Crow

"I should get going, I'm supposed to meet with Dumbledore soon." Harry sat up and planted a quick kiss on my cheek. It was unbelievably relieving to have the truth about us out, and I couldn't be happier.

"I'll be here! I'll chain Ron to this table if that's what it takes." Hermione smiled.

"'Mione, I wanted to play some quidditch!" Ron whined.

"There will be plenty of time to play when you're not failing your classes."

"Right then, I'll be studying in the upstairs Library. Meet later?" Everyone nodded in agreement and we were on our way.