31

"How do you work this thing?" Wooyoung mumbles as he looks down at the cash register right in front of him. He ended up getting a job at the convenience store near San's house... which is also where San happens to work at.

"Having trouble?" San asks him.

"I mean... I know the basics, but what are these other buttons for? This cash register is so different from the one at my last job."

"I'll show you." San stands behind him and takes Wooyoung's hand to show him what each button is for. As San is talking, Wooyoung can't focus on what he's saying since he just felt a weird feeling in his stomach... butterflies? "This one's to open the cash register and this one's for-" San keeps talking but Wooyoung can't even hear clearly. "Are you paying attention?"

"Huh?" Wooyoung turns to him and as soon as he does, he feels his face heat up when he sees how close he is to San. "Yeah, yeah. I was." He moves away from him.

He didn't hear anything that San just explained, but he'll figure it out somehow. "Oh, look... the first customer of the day." San tells him and Wooyoung takes a deep breath before looking down at the cash register, waiting for the customer to come checkout his items.

San notices Wooyoung's nervous and stands next to him the whole time. Wooyoung hadn't worked in a while, so of course he'd be nervous on his first day.

After working for a while, he ends up going to the storage room since there's no more packs of ramen on the shelves. 'It's too high up.' He thinks to himself. Even if he gets on his tip toes, he can't reach it.

Just as he's about to give up, he feels someone pick him up. "Can you reach now?" He looks down to see San.

-

"Did you want to talk to me about something?" Seonghwa asks Yeosang since he asked him to meet him at the café.

"Yeah, it's important." Yeosang nods as he looks down at his drink. He has already ordered their drinks since he knows what Seonghwa orders all the time.

"Wow, I can't believe you always get my order right. It's pretty complicated." Seonghwa tells him after taking a sip of his drink. Yeosang doesn't know how to start and Seonghwa notices he looks uncomfortable. "Is everything okay?"

"I-I really didn't want to bring this up. Not like this..." Yeosang starts. "But I can't pretend I don't notice it. That's not fair to you."

Seonghwa looks down and forces a smile. "You're rejecting me, right?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine... I expected it. I know you're not over Jongho yet. You don't have to feel bad, really. I'm thankful you were honest with me."

"I just hope we can still be friends." Yeosang tells him. "I don't want to lose you as a friend."

"Of course we're still friends. Why wouldn't we be? We were friends way before I had a crush on you. I'm not just going to leave you because you don't have feelings for me. I'd never force you to feel a way you don't."

"Thanks for understanding."

"Just be careful with Jongho. He already told you he moved on. If he asks you to get back together or something, don't do it unless you're sure about his feelings for you."

"Don't worry." Yeosang shakes his head. "Even if he asked, I wouldn't take him back."

"Sorry, I have to take this." Seonghwa answers his phone after it rings a few times.

"Park Seonghwa! Why aren't you at work?! You're already ten minutes late!"

"Okay, I'll be right there." Seonghwa tells him and hangs up. "Sorry, I have to go. I forgot I had to go grocery shopping with my mom." He lies. "I'll be leaving." He stands up and walks away.

He doesn't want Yeosang to know that he'd always put him first and prioritize him over any other plans. Whenever Yeosang called him to meet up, he'd cancel all his plans and come running to him.

But Seonghwa doesn't want him to know.What difference would it make anyway?

As Yeosang stays at the café by himself, he feels tears roll down his cheeks. He thought a weight would be lifted off his shoulders if he told Seonghwa how he felt... But why does he feel so terrible?

____________

A/N: thoughts?