Again.

Turing towards Stiles, I come face to face with not only my 'baby sitter' but also Lydia. The red head's lips pursed with thought as she taps at her watch slightly. "I have French next. So I'll see you guys later." Lydia mutters before moving around us and out the door.

I raise my eyebrows at Stiles, "How about you Mr. won't let Terra out of my sight today."

"Hey- you haven't even been to a full day of school yet. Remember how you ditched."

"Yeah, and I'm thinking about doing that now!"

Malia's laugh sounds from behind us, "Please, do us all a favor."

Everyone remaining in the room freezes. Stiles' hand dropping from my arm, and my books falling from my grasp. I whip around to face Malia, her lips turned downwards into a scowl. The remainder of the students quickly bolt out of the room when I clench my fists.

Stiles' pulse increasing incredibly in the process. I feel my eyes flash between their natural and werewolf colors before I dig my now growing claws into my palms. Inhaling deeply, I refuse to let her make me feel like this. If you can't beat them up, annoy the shit out of them. I fake a smile, "Excuse me, I need to get to my next class."

Malia falters as I push past her, an inaudible growl escaping her lips as I roughly bump shoulders with her. I hesitate by the door, still sensing Malia's eyes following me, "Stiles? Walk me to class?" I bat my eyelashes, still glaring at Malia.

Stiles clears his throat before sliding past Malia awkwardly, "Sure," as he makes his way to the side he quickly adds on, "We have the same class."

Walking out of the math room doors my small smile quickly fades away. My lips pressing into a straight line as I flatten out my bloody palms. Wiping away the stain on my jeans I quicken my pace slightly to keep up with Stiles' long strides.

"What she said wasn't true." I freeze in the middle of the hallway, my breath hitching in my throat. "You leaving would be the worst thing." He pauses, his voice quivering, "We've already lost so much." Stiles stands ahead of me with his back facing me. His hands clenched into fists, "Please don't leave again."

"I won't." I whisper, placing my hand on his shoulder and turning him to face me. "I won't." I repeat again, my lip quivering slightly.

Luckily Stiles doesn't notice as he quickly wraps his arms around me in a brief hug. My stomach twists with gulp when I realize what I just said.

I just lied.

And like my family always used to say, "The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." (George Bernard Shaw)

And that is my greatest punishment. I will never be able to believe in anyone else, so how on earth do I expect people to believe in me?

Stiles

Returning books into my locker for lunch my eyes drift down the hall to where Terra and Lydia are idly chatting. I can't believe Malia would say that to her. I just...I can't. Closing my locker I jump slightly when I come face to face with my best friend.

"Oh my god! Scott, you scared me."

"Sorry." Scott breathes, his eyes darting down the hall quickly before returning to me.

"Hey," I pat Scott on the shoulder, snapping him out of his paranoia for a second, "Is everything good?"

Scott shakes his head, "I've been thinking."

"About?"

"What happened on the full moon- with Terra."

I quickly clamp my hand over Scott's mouth. My eyes darting down the corridor where Terra and Lydia are standing. Pulling Scott around the corner and to the nearest bathroom I remove my hand from his mouth. "Chill it with the Terra full moon talk when she's just around the corner."

"Sorry- Sorry- I just- I can't figure it out..." Scott runs his hands through his hair. "I mean- how is it even possible? You don't think-"

"No."

"But-"

"No way Scott, she wouldn't do that."

"I mean it's possible."

"I said no."

"How come nothing about her makes sense!? Why can't one freaking thing make sense for once!?" Scott shouts, slamming his fist into the bathroom wall. The tiles cracking slightly under the unexpected pressure. Scott rubs his now bruised- but healing knuckles before sliding down on the ground.

"Hey- we'll figure it out. We always do." Placing both of my hands on Scott's shoulders I force him to look at me, "Break is coming soon, we'll go get Derek, and maybe he'll have an answer. Sound like a plan?"

Scott nods solemnly, before letting out a shaky breath, "I just don't get it, how could her eyes have been red?"

A/N: Don't worry guys- I hate me to. And trust me the explanation for ms. red eyes is not at all what you think. Hopefully? And I'm sorry this update took so friggin' long but school is coming to an end and you know what that means. Finals and projects. So the next update will take a little bit of time, but i will work on it whenever i get a chance. AND CAN I JUST SAY YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING BECAUSE DESOLATE IS AT LIKE 7K READS AND THAT JUST BLOWS MY MIND. I love you all. Thank you for allowing me to share my work with you guys and :) <3

edited 9/30/16