otter [jakehoon]

"hold me tight and never let me drift away. you know, like otters do?"

#####

jake pov.

hoonie 🤍

i miss u :(
when are you getting home?

Soon, don't worry.
There's a bunch of traffic and the bus isn't getting anywhere.

okie
are you okay?

Ofc
Why wouldn't I be?

doesn't matter.
when you get home, let's cuddle! it's cold and i wanna hug.

Okay, love you

luv u!!

author pov.

jake put down his phone with a slight sigh. sunghoon was taking a while to get home, which rarely ever happens. and when it does happen, the younger boy always gets home in a bad mood - something negative is always on his mind.

sunghoon had gone out with two of his friends that evening, jake not tagging along since he was feeling a bit sick. now, his head wasn't in pain anymore, but he was sick to his stomach wondering what was wrong with his boyfriend.

he hated seeing the boy in a bad mood.

but all he could do at this moment was wait for sunghoon to get home. so, he sat patiently on his bed, scrolling through his phone with his ears alert for the sound of the door of the apartment opening and closing.

soon, that sound was heard, and jake instantly sprang up and ran to the front door to see an exhausted-looking sunghoon, his outfit and blonde hair making him look extremely handsome but his tired face making jake run up and hug him from instinct.

"hi, you okay?" he asked gently, feeling slightly sad that he didn't feel the younger return the hug.

he pulled away and looked the boy in the eyes, but sunghoon almost instantly looked away. "i'm fine, jake. don't worry." he walked past him while taking off his jacket, before hanging it up and walking to jake's bedroom and slumping onto the bed - yes, both boys were staying at the older's apartment while sunghoon's family house was getting renovated.

jake frowned that the boy's actions. "i know that you're the ice prince, but that doesn't mean that you're cold. why are you suddenly so cold to me? you can tell me anything, you know?" he said as he entered the room and sat down next to sunghoon.

the younger barely even looked up at him. he didn't look angry, more... agitated. scared. sad.

"come on, hoonie, please." jake pleaded, his eyes wide and glittering.

hoonie... that nickname made sunghoon melt. no matter how angry, he would always calm down at hearing that name come from his boyfriend's mouth.

he looked up, his eyes sparkling from slight tears that were welling up a bit in his eyes.

"awh, hoonie, come here." jake pulled the younger into a hug. "what's wrong?" his voice was calm and gentle, making the younger almost melt into his arms.