cutie [sunjake]

[ requested by :: sunooislove ]

"i admire you so much. you're perfect in every way — never change, okay?"

#####

the two boys were lying side by side, peacefully watching the clouds pass by in the sky after having finished a filling picnic. sunoo had his eyes closed, smiling as the soft midday sun hit his soft skin.

jake was just simply staring at the sky, his eyes occasionally glancing over to sunoo. everything about sunoo peaked his interest — lingered in his thoughts. sunoo was someone who was so beautiful and interesting and perfect in jake's eyes — from the way he smiled and his eyes turned to pretty crescent moons, to how he was so passionate and determined in everything he put his mind to. the simple way in which sunoo existed was something jake admired. he couldn't explain it, but he knew sunoo was someone special, someone unbelievably unique and rare that he would really change the world just as he had changed jake's world.

simply put, jake seemed to be in love.

but he didn't know if he should act on it — such a perfect person, would he really want to be with him? someone so genuinely themselves all the time, someone who knew who they were and weren't afraid to show themselves. jake was a person who wasn't sure he knew himself. he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. he didn't know his passions or interests or hobbies.

he enjoyed spending time with sunoo, maybe because sunoo was such a beautiful personality that jake didn't have to bother trying to find something to do because sunoo would always fill that gap so effortlessly. jake's days were filled with sunoo and he didn't mind it one bit.

sunoo was his favourite thing in the whole world, and he'd never let him go.

which is exactly why he was scared to confess. he didn't want to lose someone so dear to his heart, so special in his life. because he was sure that sunoo wouldn't feel the same, that the beautiful boy would only see him as his best friend and nothing more. he didn't want to risk such a precious friendship to stupid feelings.

he didn't want to risk them drifting apart due to love.

so as he sat and watched the clouds, seemingly peaceful, seemingly happy, his mind spun with worries.

jake was the type of person to speak his mind at all times — make sure people knew he was thinking and feeling without feeling regret for speaking out. but this time, even with how desperate he was to tell sunoo after so long, he was scared.

scared he would feel regretful. scared he would be rejected. scared the one person he genuinely cared about and loved would leave him.

he couldn't bear the thought of it — his life without sunoo.

"jake— are you okay?" sunoo's voice was just above a whisper, a voice so full of care that it made jake realise he had been crying. only very little, just a few tears rolling down the side of his face, but enough for sunoo to notice.

he looked up, his eyes widened in realisation as he sat up. he quickly wiped the tears away. "i— i'm fine." jake tried dismissing the topic, but sunoo was persistent.

"you were crying, you're not fine, hyung." he said, sitting up beside jake and wrapping an arm around the older's shoulders. by habit, jake rested his head on sunoo's shoulder, a few more tears falling down his face.

he wiped the off quickly again, sniffling lightly. "god, you know me too well." he muttered, laughing lightly.

"you're literally crying." sunoo laughed, quickly ruffling jake's hair. "you always come to me for help, what's holding you back today? you know you can always count on me, right? i— i know i might seem like my life is perfect and i have no problems but it's the opposite. i've gone through a lot, and i don't want you to go through the same. you're too special to me, i can't let you be sad when i can do something to help you and make sure you're always okay."