public [heejake]

[ requested by :: hyukville ]

"you don't mind that this is in public, right babe?"

#####

heeseung knew exactly how jake felt about him - the younger was head-over-heels for him, but had no clue that he actually knew. yes, some might say that leading jake on was wrong, but where's the fun in stopping? heeseung was only helping jake - maybe by getting closer to him and being more flirty and affectionate with him maybe would make him feel the same way.

and maybe it worked...

now, heeseung was the most desired and popular guy in their year. everyone - everyone - had had a crush on him, past or present, and he knew that whatever he did was swooned over by at least five people at once. and he knew that being all flirty with jake was making lots of people jealous. he didn't mean to, but he quite liked seeing the annoyed faces of the sassy 'popular' girls who thought they were perfect for heeseung and deserved him and everything else in the world. meanwhile, all heeseung wanted was to get closer to jake.

when he found out that jake, the quiet boy that loved science, had a crush on him, he was quite surprised. why? because everyone had assumed that jake was straight. (guess not 🤷‍♀️) he hadn't really paid much attention to jake before, but as soon as jay told him that the younger had a crush on him and had pointed him out to him in their english class, heeseung had instantly become quite interested in the australian boy.

he was very attractive, in heeseung's opinion.

and heeseung wanted to get closer to him, not only to give the boy a few more friends, but to make him feel happy to be around his crush. he even wanted to see if he could gain feelings for the younger as well.

as mentioned, it worked.

heeseung didn't like to show that he had feelings for someone. it was rare, as well, so he didn't usually have to deal with that problem. but here he was, falling for the cute dirty blonde boy that he had dragged into his friend group.

"jay-ah." he piped up, casually walking down the corridor with his best friend to their next class.

"hmm?" jay hummed in reply.

"i wanna tell jake that i like him."

jay stopped dead in his tracks and covered his mouth in shock, making heeseung stop and turn to face him, before letting out a laugh.

"what?? i want to." he said while jay narrowed his eyes at him.

"that's not what heeseung would say..." jay said as he neared him, a suspicious look on his face. "where's the real heeseung? what did you do to him?"

"stop being dramatic, jjongsaeng." heeseung said, causing jay to straighten up.

"yup, it's you. only heeseung calls me that." he said with a smile. "but don't call me that." he frowned, making heeseung laugh.

"whatever. what do you think? should i tell him?" heeseung said, and jay looked down the corridor in thought.

"i mean, you know that he likes you back, so there's no way that you'll be rejected... so i don't see why you wouldn't do it." he argued. "but-! but, you're lee heeseung, the sought-out popular guy who always receives love but never returns it. when was the last time you had a crush?"

heeseung looked down. "like- ages ago, i don't even remember."

"and when was the last time you told your crush that you liked them?"

"...never..."

"exactly. i dunno what you're thinking but it's new." jay kept walking down the corridor, heeseung running to catch up.