Chapter 7

Gecko's club was one of the busiest in the entire city, yet it was only ever visited by members of his gang and those with whom he did significant business, making it almost as exclusive as Hillside. The best DJ in the city had been convinced to play there after his family mysteriously disappeared, only to reappear at the apartment Gecko provided him with Gecko stating he handled the situation and that he was better off working solely for him and keeping his family safe inside the tower. Gecko was good at the backdoor game followed by a subtle nod to get what he wanted, shooting was his last resort, and it ensured he always had the better offer even if he was offering nothing. You could deny him, but it wouldn't benefit you because that one offer was the only offer he'd give, and you'd be safer if he weren't the one giving it because you'd be dead before you could deny it twice.

He had two twins assisting him in running his gang, with Joel "Numbers" Campbell running his books and the technical side of his business. While Mira "Hades" Campbell was his top enforcer, to challenge her or have him send her after you was a guarantee of brutality in death. Lately, they have had their hands full trying to gather any and all resources they can; resource shortages are becoming a significant issue across the known world. With rolling blackouts and fewer and fewer contracts for labor companies coming in, Gecko could tell something was up. And even though she never gave him much, his little meetings with Chairman Ada from time to time told him enough.

He wanted to be in the best position once things hit the fan and even though Numbers thought it would be insane to attempt, taking out the other gangs or folding them in and beating any governing body was his plan. With a hope that if they were prepared and ready, he could seize control of the city itself! Even if his club's modern vibing and partying led one to believe it was business as usual, Gecko had even forsworn drinking for the past year as he ramped up his preparations. The neon lighting and music below muffled out from the penthouse room as much as possible with tinted glass and sound dampeners on the wall.

"You think that asshole is coming up here? No way, boss."

"Shut it, Joel. Your worrying and overplanning are going to get you killed one day."

"Mira, those are the absolute reasons we are still in the game to this degree these days, so how is it going to get me killed?"

"Cause I am going to kill you for it!"

"You two are very opposed to be a set of fraternal twins yall know that?" Gecko states, emerging from the bathroom behind the bar.

His pure white three-piece suit was a step out from the past and eras unknown to most people, with his overcoat being long and down to the floor with spurred clean boots clinking away as he steps. A large gold belt sits on top of a waistband with two holsters attached to the sides of his hip. The coat kept his augmented Desert Eagles covered until he needed them. A bulging underneath his vest alerted the keen eye to the fact he had some plate armor underneath, but it was the only armor he wore. He wasn't just the quickest gun, but he was also the swiftest with his movements according to him. Appearing as a blur in shootouts, so he never felt the need for much armor. Atop his head, as usual, was a wide-brimmed Stetson hat, the only black thing on him. With a white platinum emblem at the back of the brim, just waiting for the light to hit it and blind anyone unlucky enough to get into a dual with him. He paces to the center of the bar, shooing away the half-naked bartender but not failing to keep his eyes on her as he opens a random bottle and begins drinking.

"Since when do you drink?"

He puts his finger out as he chugs the rest of the bottle, bright neon pulsing lights of the club turning white and full as chaos erupts inside the club. The twins turn and look out the large overlook window of the penthouse, watching as several guard droids turn haywire and attack guards and anyone armed with a weapon.