Chapter 5

Eve had some waking up to still do in her usual routine of things, and so she set about doing them. After all, Lance had interrupted her stretching and normal head-clearing after a night like the previous one. She flipped and kicked about the living room after moving aside the coffee table, showing off skills and moves that would make many people think she was some sort of stuntwoman for movies. Her father always said she moved with force just like he did in her combat, and he was right; grace wasn't her style. She hated learning and doing all this stuff growing up, and she couldn't avoid it, so putting in such force was her only way of getting through.

Somehow she could control it, stopping herself a centimeter or two from smashing through the TV with a punch or keeping her hand from practically obliterating their blind and shattering a window. Her flips came with soft landings somehow despite their swift speed and hard initiations. She didn't breathe heavily when moving about either. And never struggled much, if at all, with any heavy physical activities. Let alone this stuff. She was so used to it.

Once those moves were made, she led herself to mellow out and calm down. This would be achieved by stretching first, followed by yoga techniques. Each action set into perfect motion without needing to start over and hold each position as she breathed in and out. Alison had asked a few times to learn these moves from her, with Lance and her often usually able to watch her go through these motions every Saturday. Despite being in perfect physical shape herself, thanks to playing volleyball, Alison couldn't wrap her head around some of the moves that Eve would pull off, and Eve didn't precisely welcome someone talking to her while she did all of it.

Something about deep breathing and forcing her thoughts from her mind just made her content, and any attempt to disrupt that was something one only did if one were okay with dealing with the angry consequences. As well as catching the brunt of whatever she couldn't flush out after you interrupted her. But it wasn't like she was unavailable long. Only needing around fifteen minutes to carry out this routine and be ready for herself. The signal that she was done was a loud and exaggerated yawn. To those not prepared for it or experienced in it, there could easily be a moment of fear or shock.

She was alone, however, and didn't have to explain it to any unready soul or maybe Lance or Alison if they hadn't woken up by that point. That past fifteen minutes and the heavy yawn were for nothing this time. Pushing the coffee table back in place, Eve felt a feeling she wasn't expecting, considering she had just woken up from sleeping and done the routine. Her body felt off, almost drained, as if the fifteen minutes had taken a lot out of her. Heading back towards her room, that all too familiar wave rolled over her with strength as if someone had just injected her with a tranquilizer dart. Losing control of her body for a second, she nearly collapses next to her door, just getting her hands against the wall to hold her up.

"What the hell?" She grumbles, standing herself back up and gathering herself with a few deep breaths.

For a few seconds, she stands there waiting for the feeling to subside and the control of her body to return. Twice she had had visions happen when they were not supposed to, and all that was happening in one day. And in between, she had one vision at a normal time, and she interacted with it as if it wasn't a vision anymore but something tangible and real. The sensations of where she was, in fact, there were palpable and had a true origin to it. Her parents could hear her, or at least her father did! Her phone vibrates, and she grabs it from her pocket.

*Eve...listen to me. Something is wrong, but we are working on fixing it. Just keep your mind clear you will know more soon* Her mother sent.

She didn't know what to make of it. But somehow, within seconds, that feeling of sleep washed away. Then the phone vibrated again. Her father was calling! That was a rarity; he only called during emergencies. What was prompting this? But she was all over the place and didn't have to think about picking up; the past twenty-four hours were feeling a bit like an emergency.