𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟓

Start from the beginning

Luca groaned loudly. His kiss became more forceful as his shaking hand reached for mine to rip away the knife from hold. I pushed the blade deeper. Luca detached his lips from mine and a loud wail left his lips as he stumbled backwards. He placed a hand on his wound and looked to see the layer of blood that coated his fingers. His eyes were murderous as they met mine and the sad blue eyes were no longer hiding only despair, but anger.

One step.

I took a single step before sneakily jabbing his wound before retrieving the knife back a second later. Luca couldn't react soon enough, because I fisted him in the stomach that crouched him and sent a hard swing of my elbow to his head that knocked him to the floor.

"Not quick enough, my dear old, Luca." My body hovered over his as I pressed the blade against his neck. "Oh, how the tables have turned."

Luca was still silent.

His eyes cursed me as they stared deep into my soul.

I settled my knee on his wound, pressing. Luca clenched his jaw, his expression hardening as he grunted in pain.

"Talk to me, love", I begged in a tempting soft tone. "I crave to hear your voice . . . " I trailed the sharp end of the knife down his neck, settling at his larynx. "Or should I cut this out?"

I've gone full-on insane. Meaning: full-on lethal.

"You're everything they described you."

"Pretty? Attractive? Skilled? Dangerous?.... Psychotic?"

"All and cunning."

An edge of my lips curled. "Cunning is all I am."

"I'm sorry, I underestimated you." A shadowed smirk played on his lips.

"I'm sorry, I almost fell victim to you", I countered fiercely. "It ends here, one of us dies."

"Or both."

"If I were to take my last breath, I'd prefer to be alone."

Curiosity and a brief shock flickered in his eyes. "Why?"

"Do you wish to die by someone?"

A whirlwind of troubled thoughts was seen in his eyes before he said, "By or with?"

I never thought of that.

I stared at him and blinked. "How about with the one by? Die beside the one who took your last breath. "

His smirked returned. "A tempting offer."

"I'll die. But not tonight. There are those who need me and I must stay alive."

"How wise. They told me you were."

"The one's who sent you, your parents?"

His jaw twitched, expression hardening. "I don't address them as parents, but yes . . the one's who sent me. To kill you."

I didn't press more about his foster parents.

But what if they're not his foster parents?

What if he's really of the Gallante bloodline?

What if everything Luca said was a lie?

I didn't bother to ask further questions.

By the least, I respected the tiniest bit of his privacy and personal life, even if he lied to me. Plus, I wanted to end this night as soon as I could.

"I would've never taken you as a Gallante . . . how moronic of me to not have noticed . . ."

A silence fell between us. It was cut short when Luca whispered, "How moronic of me to wish it wasn't you ."