𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

Week two at Winsxor. 

I was applying mascara until I paused to look at myself in the mirror. 

"One day your beauty is all that will save you."

Will that warning become my death?

I sighed while staring back at her. At some version of myself.

I placed my mascara back down and gripped the edge of the vanity. I took in deep shaky breaths and shut my eyes.

1

2

3

After I re-opened my eyes, I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my backpack off my desk chair. My black handbag from yesterday caught my attention. I left it on my desk last night. I opened the bag and took out the rose gold knife which I brought along with me in case my plan failed. Opening the bedside table drawer, I placed the knife back in.  

Making my way out of the room, I prepared myself for the day. I woke up a bit later today, so I didn't have much time for breakfast. Also, I wasn't very hungry this morning. 

Today was Monday, which meant my first class was English Literature. 

❇❇❇

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Were all that was written on the page of the book.

Only eight words.

While waiting for class to start, I brought out my book to pass time. I wasn't sure if I was lost in my thoughts or lost in reading, because I didn't even notice Xavier was already in his seat, next to me. I continued to read, not even realizing Xavier's gaze on me.

"Would you read me one?" I heard his voice ask, almost like a soft whisper.

Immediately, I turned to look at him and our faces were so close. Only inches apart. I could feel his breath against my lips. Our eyes locked and we stayed that way for over twenty seconds.

"Sure", I finally breathed out.

Turning to face my book, I started to read a poem. Xavier's eyes continued to bore into the side of my head as I asked, "Any specific requests? Raw emotions? Heartbreak? Amor? (Love?)" 

When I received no response, hesitantly, I looked at him. The second time this morning, we locked gazes. He smirked faintly and lean the side of his body against mine. I felt his hot breath tickle my ear, setting sparks on my skin.

"Amor (Love)", he whispered. His voice was low and husky. He pulled back just enough for his eyes to stare into mine, his eyes soft and our noses almost touching. He casually gave me a nonchalant smile before moving away.