𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞

Chapter has been updated.

Xoxo

Love, KS♡

𝓐𝓼𝓱𝓵𝓮𝔂

"This . . . . is a dining hall?", I looked from the vintage walls and oakwood floor to the high ceilings and candled chandeliers that looked like it came out of the Game of Thrones series. Well damn if that falls . . . 

Ester brushed her shoulder against mine. "Let's go find a table."

We walked past multiple round tables, all dark wood with the finest set of China on them ready to be plated with what looked like a feast cooked for royalty. In the centre of the tables, I saw pancakes, mash, biscuits & gravy, lots of bread, bacon, eggs, noodles and dim sum?

We both found seats closer to the right wall and my mouth instantly watered after looking at all the dishes on our table, "This is a lot of food."

"First day is always very international", Ester said while unfolding her napkin and laying it over her lap. Two servers were immediately by our side to pour water out of sterling silver jars into each of our crystal glasses. 

"With lemon."

"Enjoy it", Ester winked, raising her filled glass.

 I actually smiled a little, kinda liking her company, and cheers with her.

"I honestly thought the seats were going to be assigned or something."

"That's a little cruel. You should have the choice to sit wherever you please", Ester voiced, "If anything, it just goes down to whose lucky enough to get the better table."

"Better table being?"

She tilted her chin towards the table on the far right side, closer to the ceiling window and up front to the podium which I assume was there for speeches and stuff, where everyone can see you. "In my opinion it's that one and everyone was actually nice enough to leave it empty . . . this is a different sort of respect."

"For . . .?"

Ester side-eyed me with a grin and just then, the dining hall doors were pulled open for the "Elites" to enter. 

"Got it", I said as all heads turned to watch the group of six walk in, carrying a different kind of aura with them as they ignored the attention everyone gave them and headed for the only vacant table left, the "better table". The round tables were so large, they could fit ten, meaning there were four empty seats left on their table and I doubt anyone dared to sit with them. Even I have to say that the aura they radiated was an intimidating one.