𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟗

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

"May your weapon be kindness. Your shield compassion. May the flowers grow again", I quietly read aloud the poem to myself.

"To sprout love from all this sadness." A voice spoke over my shoulder. 

I turned my head and it happened again. My face was inches away from Xavier's, our noses almost touching. I breathed in before moving away a bit.

"How long were you standing behind me for?" I narrowed my eyes at him, while he moved around the couch and took a seat beside me. 

"Hello to you too."

"Sorry", I mumbled. "Hi."

He smiled. "Not long", he said with a shrug.

It was now Thursday at 4 pm. I decided to come to the library to read my poem book.

"You really are taking your time to read that one." He pointed to the book in my hands. 

"Reading shall never be rushed", I told.

"Correct", he said while staring into my eyes. 

"But I'm getting impatient to read book two." I pouted.

"Have you ordered them yet?", he asked. 

"Hm?" 

"You said there's a whole set of the book and you can't wait to read them. If you borrow them from the library, you'll have to return them."

"Yeah. I'll order them at some point", I said. "It would be nice to have a copy of the entire set." He then looked back into my eyes."What are you going to read today?", I asked him without breaking eye contact.

"You", he mumbled. "I mean, uh - I would like you to read a book to me."

"You fell asleep the last time I did", I chuckled.

"Only because your voice is relaxing and soft to hear", he mumbled. 

I cleared my throat." Well then, let's make it more interesting", I said with a suggestive grin. 

He raised his eyebrows, seeming interested as he mirrored my grin. "Alright, how?"

"I'll read you the poems, but you have to find me first in this huge library. Each time you find me, I'll read you a line."

He leaned in closer. "Let's." I saw a glint in his eyes and it felt like the other side of me was taking over. The one, who really just doesn't care at all and does things without thinking. 

❇❇❇

"I'll find you, Kristine." I heard Xavier spoke not too far from where I was hiding. I hid behind one of the bookshelves on the other side of the library, I could hear his footsteps. Seconds keep passing, and my nervousness grew.