2. THIS IS BEYOND BELIEF

   WE'RE BACK AT THE Chateau and—Pope is panicking, "We didn't see anything, we don't know anything!" I'm sat on JJ's lap with my hand in his hair. "We need to have total and complete amnesia."

    He's right, we have to act like we don't know shit. Act dumb.

   "Actually, Pope is right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, Deny, Deny."

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Here comes Kie with her supposed good conscience. I stand up from JJ's lap, "Maybe you can't but we definitely can."

"Okay, not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara."

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, bad karma." I sigh at Kie which earns a look from her. "Bad karma to be implemented in a felony as well."

   Of course there's a small part scared of me getting caught but it's basically impossible. Everything is down and there's no evidence of us there. "We gotta go dark," Pope suggests. I once again agree with him. We can't spend the money in one shot because it'll look suspicious. We have to spread it out. Also, get rid of the gun somehow. "If that means then we get to keep the money then I agree," JJ says.

"I don't agree," John B says. "Why? Going dark and keeping the money is the best plan—" John B cuts me off making me glare at him. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we are talking about. Same dude that buys individual cigarettes at the porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-a-lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about some dirt bag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket and all the sudden he has Grady white?"

   Something is up but I still just say take the money and leave it. It's not our problem.

    The next hour is thinking of ways as to how he can afford or how he got this boat. We're down by the dock as Pope fishes. "Think about it, Pope. How does a dirt bag Marina rat get a Grady white?"

Prostitution.

"Prostitution." I gasp at Pope. He read my mind. "Square groupers, bro."

   On this island my whole life and I still don't know half of the fucking words. "J, what's a square grouper?" I whisper as I'm too embarrassed. He leans down with his pretty smile, "They're smugglers, babe."

"I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband on that wreck."

"Like drugs?" I ask. "Who the hell knows but we should find out," John B points to me. "Fish on!"

Now we're sat in John B's room.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it probably belongs to someone else, they could come looking for it taking it would be catastrophically stupid," Pope once again with the valid points but I want to see what the hell this is. I want to see what Scooter Grubbs was willing to die for. "Right well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time," JJ flashes the money and I laugh at him.