42. I'VE BEEN MOVING IN BACKWARDS DIRECTIONS

WE MAKE OUR WAY INTO the hot ass ship

WE MAKE OUR WAY INTO the hot ass ship. Sweat immediately forms when the red lights bounce off of JJ and I's faces. We hide on either side of the door as men walk past, talking about what could've caused the need for everyone to be in one area. JJ uses his fingers to figure out his many men pass us.

   "Where are we going? Where's dad?"

    Wheezie. Wheezie is here. Shit, I forgot. "I don't know, Wheezie," That's Rose.

     My eyes narrow so I can see the last person.

      Rafe. Rafe is here. With them. My hand reaches to my back pocket and my fingers slide over the top of the gun.

   Kill him, like he did Piper.

    My own mind surprises me. I look at JJ who shakes his head at me when he realizes where my hand is. On the gun.

    The people pass us, which means it's time to lock them in the hull. JJ and I nod at each other and run to the door. I slam my body against it, metal clanking together as the men try to force their way in. I struggle to close it but JJ puts his body against mine and manages to shut the door and lock it. I groan as the men continue to push on the door.

  "There's another door! There's another door!" JJ yells. My eyes land on the other door across from us. "Shit! JJ!" We sprint to the other one and JJ slams it shut. I plant my hands on the door and use all my strength to keep it shut as he locks it. "Okay, okay, let's go find the cross, baby," He grabs my wrist but I wiggle out of it.

      I shake my head, "J, I have to find Rafe." His face drops and it makes me heartbroken. "Sam, you said no stupid plans," His tone is desperate. I caress his face like he did to me earlier, I look into the eyes I love so much, "You saw Piper's body, babe, I can't let him get away with this—"

    "We can get him another time! Please, please, just come get the cross with me," He pleads and his voice cracks, "It's dangerous, Sam, please."

    I move my hand from JJ's face and down at the ground. I don't have time for the dramatics, "I will find you after I find him—"

   "And do what? Kill him? Sam, Ward is alive and he will go after you until you are dead if you kill Rafe. I understand why you want him dead—I want him dead too, okay? Piper didn't deserve that. I know that."

   I pull my bottom lip between my teeth, "Find the cross. I will be okay," I start to walk away from him. "Sam! Sam!"

   "Find the cross!" I start running and grab the gun from my back pocket. If I look back at JJ I'm bound to turn back to him and go with him.

     I wander around. This shit is huge. "Sarah!" John B. I hear John B. If there's anyone Rafe wants dead more than his own sister, it's John B. Red lights light the way around the boat as I follow John B's voice.