- Chapter 7, Moondrop's Bug -

(From Moondrop's perspective)

I looked away as he entered the room, crawling into the tunnel between my room and his. "Droplet? Y-you okay?..." he sounded quite concerned, but something stopped me from turning around as I continued crawling to my room. "D-droplet?... please.. answer me.." I continued to ignore him, I entered my room and sat down by the tunnel. "Save your apologies S-sunshine, you didn't do anything w-wrong..."

"Droplet?... j-just, turn around.. okay?..." he begged "Please..." but I never did. He sighed, I didn't hear him move for a bit, then he called through the tunnel once more "Moondrop.." this time, he sounded serious "Moondrop you either come out r-right now.. or I'm coming in.." I didn't move. My body was frozen in place, the only thing I could do was listen to his words and what he was trying to say. "...F-fine.. I'll speak to you later..." he muttered before going to leave, I could tell he sounded upset, so I considered saying something. "...Sun...shine?..." I said, though, I don't remember being this upset, am I upset? I couldn't tell.

I heard him stop, he was going to listen to what I have to say. "What..?" I turned my head so I could see him, I watched him turn his head before I looked away again. "I just-... I don't k-know why I-..." I struggled a bit to properly form the sentence. "I guess, w-what I'm trying to s-say... I just-... don't k-know.." I heard him turn around fully and crouch down in front of the tunnel before speaking "...What do you mean?..."

(From Sundrop's perspective)

I was listening closely to what he had to say, fully sitting down just outside my part of the tunnel. Then, he spoke "You k-know when I go out?... A-and I-" I cut him off "Yes... sorry, continue..." he continued "Well, s-sometimes I-... I don't k-know why it but-..." he paused, then he continued speaking "...I th-think I have a.. b-bug..."

"A bug?.. M-moondrop, why didn't you tell me this before?" I asked.. then he replied "B-because... I knew it would u-upset you, b-but.. when I-" Before he had any time to continue his sentence I cut him off again "When you dragged Chica, you think it was the bug?... how bad is this bug exactly?... maybe we c-could, fix it?.." he turned his head around the corner to face me, then he looked down...

"...You can't f-fix it.."

The words chilled me to the core, it seemed as if every good thing in this world had just... gone away. It felt as if the world had just stopped turning. We were going to be stuck with this bug for all of eternity? but... why? how? when?... the questions seemed to never stop flooding in...

- Chapter 7 End -