|| Reason Behind His Dark Heart ||

" Anytime you're gonna grow, you're gonna lose something. You're losing what you're hanging onto keep safe. You're losing habits that you're comfortable with, you're losing familiarity. "
- James Hillman

Vansh feels like his own words are hitting him to face the reality. The words which have come out from his mouth two days ago without much further thought is now the grim reality of Riddhima's life.

It says the arrow thrown to the target or speech come out of mouth can't be taken back. In anger, humans do speak rubbish but next moment when he gets back his consciousness, he falls into pit of repentance. It's a particular human instinct and it can't be wiped away easily..except with patience and calm mind. Vansh Rai Singhania is a man who is burning with the past memories of his life that throws him to such way that the last sanity of thinking before speaking, he's lost!

And now when Mrs D'Souza has uttered those hurtful words for Riddhima, he falls silent. His heart starts beating high as if he's the sole reason for her this state. If only he couldn't have uttered those words....but is it?

Ranjit who has been following his body language till now keeps his hand on Vansh's back and that breaks Vansh's drowsiness. He straightens himself to only pronounce - "May..may be the report has been ex..exchanged! I mean to say...."

Before he completes, Ranjit says softly : "I'm sorry Mr Rai Singhania....I know it's hard to believe but we have rechecked the report of Riddhima ji. Even the soonest you'll believe it she'll have enough time to recover."

Vansh's lips quiver to ask the next question but he asks gathering much strength : "Ba..baby?...and what about OUR BABY?"

Mrs D'Souza takes a sigh when Ranjit gets silent knowing it's not his place to speak. Vansh looks attentively at Mrs D'Souza by hoping against hope knowing the ultimatum - "Look Mr Rai Singhania, it's very crucial time for you both. I know as it's going to be your FIRST CHILD so you're not mentally prepared to lose it....(Vansh gapes for air)....but as a doctor, I'll request you to ABORT 'THE BABY' to SAVE RIDDHIMA. Now the choice is yours."

Vansh's world gets collapsed. Will he be able to lose ANOTHER UNBORN BABY? But isn't what he's desired for..when he's never thought to have a baby with Riddhima? Another thought comes in his mind what if Riddhima is aware of this pregnancy from before, will she agree to 'abort' their baby?

So he puts forth the query if Riddhima knows of this pregnancy. Mrs D'Souza keeps her specs on the table and looks at the young man with sympathy : "Fortunately no....mostly, a mother gets the symptoms with ample time but sometimes few ladies get exceptional. So if she doesn't have got the changes in her, it might be for the other reason. Again taking precautions all time is not a safe method to stop pregnancy."

Vansh sighs thinking the heartbreaking. He's had no idea of HIS BABY a few hours ago and now when he knows he's going to lose it forever. Then also he tries the last to save the unborn soul : "Wouldn't there be any single chance to....save the baby....please?"

Mrs D'Souza closes her eyes in defeat and tries to explain the process : "Mr Rai Singhania..I could understand your state but in medical science, there is no alternative to save baby and cure brain tumor side by side. If you want Riddhima then you've to let go off the unborn baby .. (Vansh clutches his fists tightly) .. and if you think to save the baby then I'm sorry to say it'll be too late to stop the growth of tumor in Riddhima's brain .. (Vansh closes his eyes and tears start to fall silently) .. the first step to cure the tumor is chemotherapy....and obviously the baby in her womb can't be able to tolerate the electric shock which could be fatal.
Moreover, she might need five to six years atleast to win over this deadly disease and in between there are high chances to loss mental sanity. She needs a happy and playful atmosphere. Her physical appearance will go through a lot of changes which could cause her to break down but in all she needs a supportive hand to cross the time .... Now say, how could the baby survive in all this?"