Chapter Twenty

Bellamy gripped Octavia's wrist tightly. "Are you okay?" He checked her over as they stood up from their shelter behind a rock.

She nodded slowly. "I'm fine, I- I just can't believe they're all dead."

"Don't look." He told her, directing her away as the 100 had begun to come out of the drop ship.

Bellamy searched around for Arlean and the bastard who'd tried to kill his sister. He spotted them standing a few feet apart. He stalked over, shoving past Arlean and heading towards the grounder. He was surprised to see the grounder was his age but never the less he drew back his fist, only to be yanked back by Arlean.

"Don't," she said.

"He tried to kill my sister," Bellamy growled starting forward again.

"I said, don't." Alrean hissed stepping between him and the grounder. Bellamy was taken aback by the coldness in her voice.

"What's wrong with you? Why would you care anyways?" He folded his arms across his chest.

"Because he's my boyfriend."

Bellamy stepped back. "You said they killed him. On the Ark."

"I don't like to stay dead for long," Said the kid stepping up beside Arlean.

Bellamy took in the two's posture and relaxed state.

"Unbelievable," he muttered, turning on his heel and walking away. He saw what was happening. He'd though Arlean and he had had something between them.

But in reality she'd just been using him as a time fill when she'd thought her boyfriend was dead.

But now he was alive again. And he was here. And she'd ditched him as soon as her true love came back.

He shook his head leaning against a tree. Reality stung like a bitch.

Suddenly a flare of light lit up the sky. His head jerked up and he saw a huge metallic looking ball falling from the sky. With a jolt he realized it was the Ark.

He and Arlean had bigger problems than their love lives. Because the people from the Ark were coming down along with the Chancellor.

And both he and Alrean were on death roe.

END OF BOOK ONE
Sequel to Becoming Air: BECOMING EARTH