Chapter 1

As soon as my blood sizzled on the coals I knew I had made the biggest and best choice I could have.

I can't believe that I, Blaze Redwing, was going to be dauntless. No more peace serum. No more false sense of happiness. I was truly going to be happy and free!

As soon as the choosing ceremony ends my new faction I mean my new family jumps up and starts to run out of the building.

Running is second nature to me. We ran all the time playing in amity. I was the 3rd fastest runner in all of amity.

As we climb to the train tracks I can't help but be reminded of all the trees I climbed in amity.

I as I get to the train tracks I see three of my best friends, all dauntless born.

Before I can even catch my breath Uriah grabs me up and twirls me around.

"I always knew you were dauntless!" he says as he puts me down.

I look up at him because let's face it he is at least 6 or more inches then my 5 foot 4 inches. He has the most beautiful smile. Dark skin, brown curling hair and the biggest happiest brown eyes.

Before I can reply we hear the rumbling of the approaching train. As we all take off running I feel Luke come up and grab me by my waist and jump on the train with me.

I start to stumble when my feet hit the inside the train but before I can fall Luke holds me tight to him.

As I stand there with my head on his chest and his arms wrapped protectively around me I realize how built he is. Luke is the tallest of all my friends and it doesn't help that he has a tall purple Mohawk to add to boys height.

He looks down at me and says "I have missed you Apple"

Oh how I hate that nickname. I am not sure which one started it but they all agree it's because of my red hair and the fact I am so sweet. I roll my eyes thinking of their explanation.

Dave comes up and grabs my hand and leans in and says "Time to jump Apple" with a smirk on his face. He knows I hate when he smirks at me.

As we approach the dauntless roof Dave and Luke both have a hold of my hands as we jump on the roof. With their help I am able to land on the roof on my feet.

Dave leans down which I know his way of letting me jump on his back. As the rest of the initiates jump I sit on Dave's back running my fingers through his Brown curly hair.

Then we hear a booming voice "Listen up initiates. My name is eric. I am one of the five leaders of dauntless. To enter dauntless you must jump off the roof."

I hear a candor inniate speak up and ask "what's at the bottom?"

Eric looking bored replies "I guess you will find out. Or not. Who wants to go first?"

Love of a Tree Huggerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें