placing a hand over where his heart is, carlos exhales out with faux hurt. "ouch, camilo." he whines out while letting his eyes flutter shut and head fall back a bit. laughing lightly in a bitter chest manner, carlos rolls his eyes while walking towards his twin with a lazy shrug. "honestly i think she could use someone like me in her life. i mean what's the alternative—you?" a dark glaring expression rests over camilo's features when the twin begins to circle him with a crooked grin. "some golden boy who can't so much as look at his own reflection without having a breakdown?"

the way camilo's shoulders tense up brings satisfaction to the twin, his lips curling further and expression growing even more smug. bringing up the poor boys identity issues has always been the thing to shut him up. usually carlos would save it for later but he's not in the mood to deal with his brother right now. but camilo snorts and turns to carlos, his voice falls uncharacteristically quiet.

"fine. don't stay away from her, but you're going to regret it." he warns, shoving past carlos with a rough hit to his shoulder.

narrowing eyes glare at the boy heading for the door. "oh really? what are you gonna do? hit me? talk shit about me to her?" he questions out in a more angry and loud manner than he'd intended to. camilo stops with his hand on the knob and he turns to look over his shoulder. his twin's side profile wears furrowed brows and lips spread in a disapproving frown. his chest rises and falls, tense silence falling over the two brothers like a slab of concrete.

when he turns to face him completely, camilo shakes his head. "y/n is an angel, she's someone that everyone will grow to like, love, adore, and just want to be a part of eventually. she seems to always untangle everyone she meets in a way that is just...just—" sighing out in frustration, camilo interlaces his fingers at the nape of his neck. "just in a way that doesn't seem possible. it happened with all of encanto, me, and now you." when carlos opens his mouth to shoot back, camilo puts up a hand. "and it happened with someone outside of encanto."

furrowing his brows together, carlos's breathing has become itchy in his lungs and throat. looking at his twin brother he's attempting to show nothing but boredom and or irritation. but he can't help the way his shoulders slightly deflate at the mention of someone outside of encanto. his eyes narrow and he snorts while shaking his head. "what's the point of this cheesy and corny—"

"the point is that she got hurt." carlos feels his breath catch in his hot throat. "y/n is kind and she sees the best in the worst people but that gets her hurt sometimes. but this time it was worse than anything else." confusion muddles within carlos's mind, you seemed so happy yesterday and so bubbly. like not a single thing was wrong. when camilo steps close to carlos, he looks into his honey colored eyes with furrowed brows. "you ruin everyone's lives eventually, carlos." a pang hits carlos's heart. camilo pulled out his sharp point. "when you fall too deep for her that you can't crawl your way out you're going to ruin her life because you're incapable of ever loving anything. for once consider not being a selfish cabrón and just stay away from her before you hurt her."

standing in his room, carlos blinks back rapidly. the sound of camilo slamming his door shut brings a rattling within his suddenly heavy body. the entanglement within his heart suddenly feels painful and sharp, like thorny vines grasping the bloody organ. his breathing is slightly staggered and shallow. fog lays over his mind. what the hell was that about? camilo has some audacity. thinking about camilo's words, carlos feels that bitter taste spill across his taste buds once again. the same taste he had first gotten when you flinched at his curse word.

what the hell is that taste?

carlos let's out a huff and shakes his head, he's not going to listen to that idiot. he doesn't ruin everyone's lives, he's not even in enough people's lives to ruin them. and he isn't some dorky loser that can't grapple with their own feelings like camilo. he's perfectly capable of not falling for you. maybe he isn't even in love with you, love at first sight is ridiculous right? walking out of his room with a huff, carlos makes his way towards the dining table with his brows furrowed. he's not so easily pulled into the unfamiliar place of deep love and head over heels love.