Chapter 3: Trending

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Gu Qingchi originally wanted to sit for a while, but he had to get up because the cat was too playful.

The head waiter knew that he had a cat and had given him some fish.

He put the fish on a small plate, and the little cat sat up and started to eat.

When Gu Qingchi got up to look at it again, it was already asleep in the cat bed with its chew toy.

There was more than half of the fish left on the plate, and Gu Qingchi frowned. After a couple of days, he had already figured out the appetite of the little cat. The amount he gave was just right, and it would usually eat cleanly.

***

The restaurant had three shifts: morning, evening, and night.

Gu Qingchi only worked the evening shift, from five to ten.

This was the busiest time of day. Most people came during the evening, and the tips were the highest in the evening. The only downside was that it was tiring.

The restaurant had very high demands regarding their behavior when working. During training, they had even specially hired a British teacher. They were required to keep their backs straight during work at all times. If their behavior was found to be incorrect, they would be fined.

Even for a young man, four or five hours in a row was a bit overwhelming.

So, they would take turns to rest, usually just leaning against the bar counter for a while. This way, they would be able to see which table in the restaurant needs assistance, and they could also get a drink.

Gu Qingchi just arrived at the bar. The bartender had known him for some time. He knew that he loved alcohol, but it wasn't appropriate to drink on the job. So, he specially made a glass of fruit wine for him, which had a slight taste of wine but wouldn't reek too much.

He still hadn't taken a sip yet.

A colleague came over while holding a menu.

"Hey, Qingchi, it's that customer again. They wanted you specifically to serve them."

The bartender, who was wiping his glasses at the bar next to him, wasn't surprised and smiled.

"Another one? There's always one coming in every couple of days. If I were you, I would pick one to date. Then, I wouldn't need to keep working here. It is a guy or a girl this time?"

The colleague handed the menu to Gu Qingchi. Gu Qingchi ignored him, put down his glass, and headed over.

But the colleague leaned over to gossip with the bartender. He was dressed in a western-style uniform and stood upright, with a little bit of local accent when he spoke.

"Hey, just drop it. It's a little girl, she looks like a student. She probably doesn't have much money. Last time, she saw him carrying a serving tray through the door and insisted on coming inside to ask for his WeChat ID. You have no idea how many people have fallen for Qingchi. How could a little girl stand a chance."

The bartender handed him a glass of water. The colleague thanked him, took a sip, and continued.

"It's been, what, half a month? She comes every few days and only orders a drink. Other people are no good, she only wants Qingchi to serve, making him tired as hell. She doesn't even give a tip, so he's just running around for nothing."

The bartender nodded.

This kind of little girl is difficult to deal with because she is at the age of love and fantasy. She'll do anything for the sake of her so-called love without ever considering how much trouble she's caused for others.