Chapter 1: Divorce

At this moment, Gu Qingchi was sitting in the living room of his villa. The air conditioner was on. There were only three people in the huge living room, Gu Qingchi, and the two people sitting opposite of him, the lawyer and the lawyer's assistant.

The lawyer, who had just finished his long speech, looked at the watch on his wrist and motioned his assistant to hand him the document. Then, he pushed the document to Gu Qingchi.

"Mr. Gu, as long as you sign this agreement, you don't have to deal with anything else. I will be solely responsible for handling the divorce."

Gu Qingchi had been waiting for this sentence.

He said nothing, quietly sat forward, and carefully signed his name. Then, he handed over the documents across the conference table with both hands, appearing very well-educated.

The lawyer, who had prepared a load of coaxing and coercion, could only hold it in.

His client was very shrewd, finalizing a property division agreement before the marriage. It was very strict, so strict that even the lawyer, who was used to cases like this, felt that it was a little too much. In a nutshell, if Gu Qingchi agreed to the divorce, he would leave the marriage with nothing.

But Gu Qingchi is not at fault in this marriage. If there was anything wrong with the marriage, it would only be that his husband did not love him.

After all, his client, Gu Qingchi's husband, filed for a divorce. The only reason given was a simple proof of separation for two years. Moreover, the marriage itself only lasted two years.

Very few normal people would accept such conditions. He thought it would be difficult for Gu Qingchi to accept, but things went unexpectedly well.

But this was not a bad thing. He was a professional lawyer, focusing only on the case itself.

He knew that so long as he took care of Gu Qingchi's side, the rest would be easy. It would be so easy that he almost felt sorry for the client, who paid an enormous sum of money. He checked the signature with pleasure, collected the documents, and nodded to Gu Qingchi. Then, he got up and left.

As he closed the door, the lawyer's eyes swept over Gu Qingchi, who was still sitting by himself, and happened to see his side profile. Then, he paused.

Gu Qingchi had his head slightly lowered. His wavy hair curled around his neck, and his long legs were crossed under the table, extending a beautiful curve. He had a sharp sort of beauty, and his entire person was beautiful to the point of oppression.

Evening was approaching, and there were no lights on in the room. The dividing strips of light and shadow illuminated the young man. He looked like a rose that became more intense because of the night, painted maroon by the darkness, bringing a sense of decadent beauty.

This entire picture was almost immediately captured within the mind of the lawyer.

Appreciation of beauty is universal, but each individual's understanding of beauty is different. This is vividly shown in artists. Each of them has their own standards. What is highly sought after by one artist is relegated to dust by another. But, every one of them would fall into a frenzy for this picture. Gu Qingchi himself was the pinnacle of beauty, which simply should not exist in the world.

The lawyer was frozen in place until his assistant called him a few times in confusion. He then looked away regretfully and closed the door gently, as if he was afraid of disturbing something.

Besides being shocked, he only felt puzzled. It was obviously such an eye-catching appearance, so why didn't he notice it before?

Two years ago.