37: Why Would I?

Y/N's POV

Thanks to everyone's help, the set-up for the farewell party's almost complete, from the foods and decorations. Now my apartment's full and one surprise visit from Heejin can ruin the surprise. I spent most of my paycheck for this, so what's left now is the gifts. Jeez, I'm so frustrated!

We've been together for a long time but I can't even think of something to give Heejin as a farewell gift, I thought it was easy so I decided to think about it later but now I'm completely blank.

I can't ask Yerim right now because she's talking with Heejin. Its supposed to be our last subject but our teacher decided to not have a lecture so now we have free time before dismissal. Talk about having a kind teacher, that's the best unlike our teacher last year who won't let her students leave even if it's time to go home already.

And just like always, Jihoon's sleeping at his desk, he probably watched an entire series last night and didn't sleep at all. I don't know but despite him having no time to sleep or study, he always pass the exams. I remember I was like that before, a carefree student but can still somehow get high grades.

Maybe I'll go to check on the next classroom to have a talk with Chaewon or Ken, anyone's fine, I just need an idea.

"Where are you going?" Heejin asked me as she saw me prepare to leave the classroom. I told her that "I'll go to the comfort room" and she nodded, smiled and continued with her chat with Yerim.

Since the next classroom was just a few steps away, I took a peek at the window and saw Chaewon there, sitting alone and staring outside while their teacher's having his lesson. I'm sure Chaewon's bored, I just hope she won't get scolded at though.

So it looks like everyone's busy and I'm all by myself. Well, maybe I'll go to the rooftop to gather my thoughts for a while.

Timeskip

While I'm deep in my thoughts, someone smacked my back and stood beside me as I stared at the buildings across our school.

"Yah!" the person called me, I immediately knew it was Jihoon but I didn't expect him to come here since he was supposed to be sleeping at our classroom.

"Hey, why are you here?" I asked him.

He scratched his nape as he smile awkwardly, "The teacher caught me sleeping and told me to go to detention for 1 hour"

"But I thought it was our free time until dismissal?" I'm sure I heard our teacher right.

"That's what we thought too, Yerim was trying to wake me up but I thought she was just joking around so I didn't pay attention to her and continued sleeping, but when I woke up, I realized that our teacher's there with the principal"

"And I was told to go to detention, but since I'm only going to sit at the office, I just thought of going to the rooftop since you will be here for sure" Jihoon explained.

Damn, if I go back to the classroom, I'm doomed for sure. "Let's just stay here until later, I want to ask you something" maybe Jihoon can give me ideas on what to give Heejin as a gift, I hope that he will give good suggestions though.

"Sure, what is it?" he replied.

"Any ideas on what gift I can give to Heejin?"

"Hmm" Jihoon paused for a second, it looks like I'll be getting good answers.

"Diamond ring"

"Do you think I have the money? And we're not getting married yet"

"Then a puppy"

"Any more ideas?" All those things are so expensive, and how can she bring a puppy abroad? Heejin can't even take care of herself let alone having a dog.

"I ran out already, but why don't we ask Chaewon later or tomorrow? We can go with you to the mall before going to your apartment"

Just as I expected, his ideas are crap. But all of those are good, I just don't have enough money to buy it.

"Sorry Y/N"

"Don't mind it"

Timeskip

"You look stressed, something the matter?" Heejin looked at Y/N worriedly as they walk together on their way home. "It's nothing, just thinking of not so important things" he answered.

Heejin then pulled his hand and intertwined it with hers, "I'm here, so there's no need to think about other things"

Although Y/N's plan was to tell Heejin that he already knew knew she's leaving in two days, he just can't find the courage to tell it until they finally reached home and he failed to do so. "Heejin, can we talk at the rooftop after dinner? I'll wait for you there"  Y/N asked before they go inside their apartment.

"You have something to say don't you?" Heejin smiled "Sure, I'll go there later"

timeskip

Heejin's POV

Well, I think it's time to tell Y/N everything. He's my boyfriend and also my best friend, he should know this kind of things. Although I really didn't want to since for sure he will be sad.

Now he's in front of me, not knowing that I'm right behind him. So I slowly walked towards him "I- I'm here" I lightly tapped his shoulder, But why did I stutter? I'm not nervous or anything.

Third Person's POV

"I know this is sudden Y/N but, I have to leave in two days" Heejin looked down. "And I'm sorry I had to keep this a secret from you for some time, I've been finding some ways so that there's no need for me to leave but my father's now in a serious state"

"The doctor also told my mom that my father's chance of recovering is slim even if the surgery is successful"

Heejin expected that Y/N will be angry at her but what happened was the opposite. Of course he was kind of mad but he comforted the latter instead.

"Thank you for telling me Heejin, although I don't know my parents, your mom and dad treated me like their own son, I'll pray that he'll recover" Y/N embraced Heejin while gently tapping her back.

"Aren't you angry? I'm only telling you this when we only have barely enough time to be together" Heejin exclaimed, not expecting this kind of answer from him.

"Why would I?" 'Jeez, I know how fragile you are when your parents are involved'

"I'm sorry, I was thinking of going back to Korea after a while but I still want to stay abroad to continue my studies....I'm so selfish" Heejin added.

"I know it's your long time dream to study abroad, so who am I to try and stop you? I'm your boyfriend and I will always support you on what you do, and you have to spend time with your parents too"

"If you're worried about me, I'll be fine I assure you that. I can wait for a decade or even more, our friends will also support you.....I know that this time will come but, I still chose to love you Heejin, even if we will get separated one day" Y/N did his best to hold back his tears and it was successful.

'Of course I don't want this Heejin, never in a thousand years will I want to be separated from the girl I love the most, I want to stop you from going. I want to spend more time with you, I still want to eat together with you, go to school with you, and have fun together with you" These are what Y/N really wanted to say but, he always think about Heejin's happiness first and the things she wants.

"I know....that if I told you everything's that on my mind, it will stop you from leaving but, It will only mean I'm being selfish"

There's an old saying: 'Friends are bound to leave someday"