15: Report

"Chaewon you're alone, where's Jihoon?" Heejin asked, seeing Chaewon walking alone towards them.

Chaewon sighed, "He said he has a lot of school works to finish"

Y/N thought for a second, thinking of any assignments that they have, "But we don't have homeworks, did he say something to you before you left?"

"Maybe he's doing his report about Yerim, we're paired up by our adviser and we will report good things that happened to us every week, including how your relationship progressed" Heejin briefly explained, then Chaewon made an 'Oh' sound, meaning she understood it.

"Not much, he just told me to take care since there are news about stalkers that kidnaps girls around our area" Chaewon said, not giving a care on what her brother told her.

"Don't worry, you're safe around us" Y/N proudly said.

"We don't need to he careful because your with us" Heejin smiled at Y/N.

--

As usual when they're hanging out, the girls are always noisy together, much more noisy when Heejin is with Yerim since she never ran out of things to talk to, while Chaewon's not that talkative, She's slowly coming out of her shell which is a good thing.

Going to their favorite restaurant, they sat on their seats and called the waiter, who remembers them since they always eat here, maybe every week or every two weeks?

"The usual Barbecue Set B Sir?" The waiter asked, "Yes please" Y/N answered, as the waiter took note of it and went straight to the kitchen.

It's the first time but Chaewon and Heejin were sitting beside each other while Y/N is sitting alone in front of them, cooking the meat as the waiter placed the tray of food at their table.

Heejin's doing it so Chaewon won't feel out of place, she wants her to become closer with them, even though they've known each other for some time now.

Chaewon often hangs out with them before only when her brother, Jihoon is there, and although she sometimes acts cold to him, she really depends on Jihoon a lot, she's just shy to admit it, but her actions speaks a lot.

"So Chaewon, you're classmates with Yerim's foreign friend, Ken right?" Heejin asked and Chaewon nodded.

Chaewon said "Yeah, I met him yesterday in front of our classroom, he's looking for his section, and we also met at the bench outside"

"I see, what's he like then? I want to meet him sometimes" then Heejin looked at Y/N, who's busy grilling the meat "You should be friends with him too, I heard from Yerim that he always look out for her when she's abroad, and he's also her best friend"

Y/N answered, "Sure, so he can adjust quickly"

Chaewon said "He's friendly, I can say that and he socializes well, I'm sure he and Y/N will create a mess if they're going to sit beside each other at the back row in the classroom"

"Hey, I'm not that kind of person, I socialize well but I know I'm very kind" Y/N praised himself, "Alright, it's finished" He tasted the barbecue and it's good to eat.

Y/N placed a large slice of meat on Heejin's bowl, mostly beef and pork, and he also gave Chaewon.

Chaewon cleared her throat, "You'll be a great husband someday"

Heejin suddenly choked on her food while Y/N dropped the Tong (Server) that he's holding.

"Haha, you're kidding right? I'm not even in a relationship yet" Y/N defended.

"Y- yeah, the girl who will marry him is probably blind or had a bad eyesight" Heejin joked, breaking the silence after what Chaewon said.

--

"How did you think of going here in Korea?" Yerim asked Ken.

"I want to know new things, and of course I missed you so that's one of my main reasons" Ken answered.

Yerim agreed, "Ooh, so that's how is it"

Ken added, "I can't think of studying anymore if you weren't there Lucy"

"Okay, we have this whole day, let's do what we want after finishing this coffee" Yerim cheerfully said.

Yerim's obviously comfortable around Ken, she trusts him very well and is also the one who always help her when she was in Australia, it all started on her first school year abroad.

Flashback

"Hey, your new here right?" Ken sat in front of Yerim, who's sitting alone at class, not talking to anyone.

Yerim nodded, "Yes" but her voice was weak and it looks like she's just mumbling words.

"I know, Let me introduce myself, I'm Ken Lee, and you're?" Ken offered his hand, Yerim thought that he's offering a handshake but it's not.

Ken held her hand, carressing it gently with his thumb, Yerim's surprised by the sudden act first but it somehow made her feel relaxed.

"Lucy Choi, that's my english name"

"It's soft" Ken murmured "Nice to meet you by the way, and about earlier, uhm it's how I get to know people who I want to be friends with, by holding their hand I can feel if they're kind hearted"

Yerim pulled her hand back, "So what did you feel about me?"

"You're kind, and you miss your friends too am I right? Maybe they're at your home country though, but who wouldn't miss their friends right?"

"Wow, are you a psychic or what?" Yerim was amazed by the way he guessed that she missed her friends in Korea.

"Well, here in Queensland it's nothing new, and there are men who will make you uncomfortable so if you have problems, you know who to find" Ken pointed his thumb at himself, standing like a protagonist ready to protect his girl.

Yerim smiled, "I like that attitude of yours"

Ken answered "Once you got to know me better, there are more things to find out"

"It seems like studying here's not bad at all" Yerim thought.

Ken kept on bombarding Yerim with questions non stop and also telling stories about his family, love life and other things which made her laugh sometimes and also made Yerim comfortable with Ken, and that's how their friendship started.

-- Jihoon's POV

Am I getting jealous over that friend of Yerim? I mean, the way they act is not friends but they act like a couple.

How come he just holds her hand casually and......and, ugh my head hurts, I have no right to get Jealous though since I'm the only one who like her and she obviously have feelings for Ken.

But I won't give up, not until I found the truth.

Since Last night, I've been awake, finishing the report I have to make about me and Yerim's progress in our friendship, it's kinda annoying to have to report every week but it's for my.. no it's for our grades, if she fails then I failed too.

And I'm the one who's supposed to make that report today, and Yerim's the one who will make the report next week, so I think it's even. Even though I don't know what she will write there.

So should I add more? maybe this'll do right?

Report

On our first week as partners, we get to know each other a bit more, we have found things that we both like and also how a fun person Yerim is, she's always changing the mood when she joins a conversation, if you're sad, talk to her and you'll be happy. Although she's like that, she also needs someone to rely on, like her friend in Queensland Australia, they're very close, and I saw how happy she was when she met him again, I learned that even if someone looks happy outside, they still feel alone sometimes.

Well, this'll do then. I have to sleep for the rest of the day and maybe wait for Chaewon at the bus stop later.