14 | My Time is Up and So Is Yours

TOM

From the police car at the carnival to the station interrogation rooms, I said all of about two sentences in total. From the rooms to the holding cells I said only the words I had to; 'yes', 'no', and 'I'd like to speak with my attorney'. From the holding cell to the prison however, I said absolutely nothing.

The prison I was transferred to was near Leeds, one of the most notorious penitentiaries in the United Kingdom. Just hearing them even mention the jail's 'Wakefield' sent a cold shiver up my spine. It was a four hour drive from London; and in the back of a cop truck in handcuffs, it was bloody excruciating. And I was instantly refused bail at the station because they knew my position in the crime industry meant that any bail amount they set could easily be paid.

Fun situation I'm in hey?

I surprisingly knew a lot about Wakefield; how it held about 750 inmates, how it was called 'Monster Mansion', how it was classified a Category A prison with about 100 people in Maximum Security. I knew how majority were sex offenders, murderers, and those with such severe mental illnesses that deemed dangerous to themselves and others. I also knew, that all of the people detained in Wakefield were those charged with over five year sentences - the majority of which were life sentences. And all of Wakefield's prisoners, were men.

That meant I was slated to spend at least the next five fucking years in this place if my trial went perfectly. Or somehow I was proven not guilty.

Wakefield was home to some of Englands worse criminals. A guy called Harold Shipman back in the day was well known for being one of the worlds worst serial killers and he was an inmate at Wakefield. Hi remember seeing on the news that he hung himself here when I was a kid... Plus he was responsible for over 200 deaths. Another sick fuck called Reynaud Sinaga died at Wakefield too, he was convicted of 159 sex offences.

As for current inmates, the cannibal Robert Maudsley killed four people and is held there at the moment. They keep him in a custom made fucking glass box down in the basement for 23 hours a fucking day. Jack Renshaw is in here too, he's a prolific Neo-Nazi who's murdered many people.

I wonder if my fate will end up like those men... I've killed just as many people but I'm far from them when it comes to who we are as people. Those men are clinically insane, monsters, scum of the fucking earth; I'm just good at business and get everyone else to do my dirty work... Mostly.

Although I didn't speak once on the way here, the correctional officer in charge with my orientation was a jolly old chap who gave me a 'run down' on the 'down low' - which was nice of him I guess.

"The cells are single occupation so you wont have to share with someone else. Oh! And if you work your way up to 'enhanced' behaviour they'll give you a tv as a reward too," he said almost excitedly as we arrived, escorting me into the facility with my handcuffs as tight as my clenched asshole. I know what happens in prisons like this, I'm not fucking taking any chances.

The first day of prison was mostly just waiting around for administration to get their fucking heads out of their asses. I signed a bunch of papers. I had my fingerprints done. I had a de-licing shower despite not being anywhere near lice. I was patted down, stripped, searched and probed. I was given jail clothes as they took all my possessions. They took all the clothes off my back, every ring off my finger, even my fucking underwear.

Throughout this entire process, I answered the questions I needed to and not a word more. I knew how prisons worked, I knew the types of people in here. But not everyone does, so here is my game plan: