Viktor Licht/ Vulcan

Somewhere else...

"Harun has been matyred, and returned to the flame." The sniper girl, Arrow informed the commander of

"However a new demon was born there. Also..." A guy named Yona reported, with Arrow continuing.

"...we confirmed that the Adolla Burst possessed by the 8th's new recruit...had an Adolla Link with the demon, as well as the confirmation of the person the evangelist wanted eliminated."

"Who knew that both the Adolla Link and someone whose flames were stronger than the Adolla Burst were in the same group. I want them both, it is what the evangelist desires. It would be a waste to leave them in the Fire Force." The commander of the knights if the Ashen Flame, Sho Kusakabe, replied. "I will go with you the next time."
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Supplementary crew men? I don't care who they are, that was unusually fast." Obi pondered on the sudden temporarily new recruit.

"Haijima said the 8th doesn't have a science team,so they strong-armed this one through." Hibana explained to the captain. "They're plotting something."

"Strong-armed?" A new voice entered the conversation. "I thought that it was because after the Evangelist incident, each company was instructed by the empire to beef up in their forensics."

"Who the hell is this, Obi?" Shin lazily asked while rudely pointing a finger at the newbie, making Obi sweat a little bit.

The new recruit only smirked.

"Viktor Licht, hereby assigned as Special Fire Force Company 8's forensic team." The guy supposedly named Viktor introduced.

"Why do we need this idiot?" Shin complained, already tired of this bullshit, is this really what he was awakened for?

"Now now, Shin, be nice to the new recruit!" Shinra tried to calm down the boy, earning a hesitant nod from Shin.

"I smell a rat." Hibana insulted.

"A Fire Soldier always salutes with the right hand." Hinawa added, making Shin sweat a little. Honestly, Shin has never saluted in his life, and when he did he wasn't exactly respecting anybody.

"Oh, sorry about that, Lieutenant Hinawa. I'm a scientist, and all. My bad, my bad." Viktor laughed off the lieutenant's comment, shifting his gaze to the yawning Shin. "So...as a scientist...!"

Viktor lept into the air, towards Shin, who wasn't even blinking an eye towards the whole situation,and Shinra.

"Are these the Adolla Burst feet?!" Viktor excitedly asked, grabbing onto Shinra's feet. The poor boy was panicking, trying to shake the mad scientist off.

"Ah... What a drag." Shin sighed, about to walk away, when Viktor tried to grab his shoulder. Keyword tried.

"And is this the 'invisible barrier'?! How absolutely fascinating, my hand can't even pass through!" Viktor continued, looking into Shin's bored eyes with even more excitement.

"Hah? What's your problem you creep, ya tryna die today?" Shin threatened, only making the scientist more excited.

"Do not touch Shinra so casually!" Hibana literally stepped in, kicking Viktor away from the two.

-------------------------------------------------------

After the whole fiasco was over, Obi sighed as he continued to read Viktor's resume.

"Viktor Licht. Advanced placement into Tokyo Imperial University. On top of which, after graduating at the top of your class, you headed the applied pyrokinesiology lab at Haijima Heavy Industries." Obi finished, making Shin sigh in relief.

"So I'm brilliant. Sorry" Viktor shrugged.

"So why would someone as brilliant as you join a dump like the 8th?" Hibana rudely asked, irking the 8th's captain.

While Viktor was explaining whatever he was explaining, Shin completely spaced out, staring at the clouds outside of the cathedral's window, finding them much more interesting than what was happening inside there.

The company had also brought up the future recruitment of some genius mechanic name Vulcan, which Hibana didn't recommend as he was known for hating the Haijima with a passion, also hating the special fire force for dealing with them.

And so, Shinra, Arthur, Sister Iris and Shin were infront of a dump which was supposedly Vulcan's abode.

"Wah... so cool." Shin looked at one of the machinery which was built in the shape of a dog.

Now , the three were dressed in casual clothes, with Shin in a T-shirt and some sweatpants, with his gold rings still intact of course.

"Let's see, what was it called again? "Elepant", was it?" Shinra tried to remember the name of the long snouted animal which was on top of the building for all to see.

"Excuse me?!" Shinra screamed loudly, trying to get this "Vulcan" man's attention.

"Second class fire soldier, Knight king Arthur Boyle!" Arthur stupidly introduced himself, making the skull thing on top blow out fire.

Then, the door opened, throwing three cans at Shinra, Arthur and Shin, which obviously only two of the three was hit. The guy didn't hit Iris though, so Shin guesses that he's quite the gentleman.

"Um, was there something you needed?" A sudden, timid voice asked politely from behind the four.As Shinra roughly introduced himself as a Fire Soldier, The boy had started walking towards the door, putting the large bag down gently on the floor.

"If you Fire Soldiers have come here, you must want to recruit the master." Was what he said. "Master? I've returned with the parts you asked for.

Just then the door opened, revealing a well built man. "Yu, I told you not to call me "master"." With that, Shin's face slightly heated up as he stared blankly at the man. Yes, he was bi- panicking.

'D-Damn.' Shin nodded, putting a thumbs up towards the masked man, making him confused and weirded out.

As the man was about to leave with the bag of parts, Arthur and Shinra had attempted to speak with him, only to be attacked by cans yet again.

"I'm not helping Fire Soldiers. Leave!"
And with that, the door was slammed behind him, leaving Arthur and Shinra fuming.

"He really is a dyed-in-the-wool hater of Fire Soldiers, isn't he?" Sister Iris said, making Shin nod his head in agreement.

As Shinra and the others were about to leave, the small boy spoke up, taking their interest.

"Just a moment, please! I'll hear what you have to say, if that's all right."

While the boy, Yu, was explaining to Shinra the reason behind Vulcan's pire hatred towards the Haijima, Shin was busy playing with the diffeeent machineries.After some persuading, the four was able to enter the factory.

While inside, they were introduced to someone who was living with Yu and Vulcan, a girl named Lisa. Vulcan was also seen going crazy with the machinery, shouting with joy once he was satisfied with the product. After that though, Vulcan even went back to throwing tea at Shin, with the boy casually catching it.

"Ah, thanks." Shin casually thanked, opening the can and taking a gulp from it. This of course pissed Vulcan off, but oh well.

"I've heard more than enough Fire Soldier tripe. You've got nothing I want to hear!" Vulcan proclaimed, throwing a can at Arthur who failed to block it, splashing tea all over his face. Pfft, You gotta love the guy sometimes.

Suddenly, the doorbell (?) rang.

"Vul, it's him again." Lisa informed.

Eh? Who?