Arthur

"My princess." A blonde boy bowed while holding the hand of an exasperated Shin.

"Arthur, you're here." Shin nonchantly replied, looking down on the kneeling Arthur.

"Yes, for you I have come-"

"What are you doing here, you damned knight?" A certain hero boy questioned from behind poor Shin.

"Yo, Devil." Arthur promptly got up and faced Shinra, both of them having a stare-off.

With a sigh, Shin left to the rooftop.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Maki, Sister Iris." Shin greeted the two females.

"Ah, hello Shin!"Irus greeted back with a smile.

"Yo, Shin! Look, isn't splutter cute?!" Maki exclaimed with sparkles in her eyes, making Shin look towards the floating fireball she was so enthusiastically pointing at.

His heart thumped.

"... It's adorable." Shin genuinely smiled for the first time, making Maki's heart skip a beat

'So...So handsome!'

BAM!

Shin let go of splutter gently, looking towards the two dipshits who interrupted his bonding time with splutter.

"Shinra, Arthur." Shin glared, making both boys gulp a little, feeling inferior under such a menacing glare.

"What is the meaning of this?" Hinawa suddenly walked in, scaring everyone but Shin.

Hinawa took one look at the floating fireball, and poured coffee on it.

"Fire fighters do not play with fire."
Hinawa eeriely told Maki, who only shook in fear.

"..." Shin looked at Hinawa as he slowly made another splutter.

"No."

"Okay."

He failed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*cough cough*

"The rookie games are beginning soon, so I wish to see your capabilities. Please use all of your abilities." Hinawa informed

"Maki, these three will be fought by you."

"M-Me?"

"Is there anyone else named 'Maki' here?"

"N-No sir!"

Honestly, their conversation was quite the entertainment, or so did Shin thought.

Shin raises his hand.

"Sir, I do not think I can fight in such a small area." Shin monotonously stated, not even batting an eye to the fierce look of the seething lieutenant.

"You need to learn to control your abilities, or else this occupation will be difficult for you."Hinawa rebuked, stubborn in wanting to do the test now.

Shin nodded, he shall lower his fire power by at least 96% then.

"Now then, begin!"

With that, Arthur and Shinra immediately charged towards Maki with their Excalibur and feet. Meanwhile Shin was watching with a bored look on his face. This made Hinawa annoyed.

"Are you not going to start." He questioned.

"I do not wish to hurt my friends." Shin only replied with that sentence.

Maki was easily deflecting both Arthur's and Shinra's attack with her fire manipulation, surprising the duo.

Shin shook his head. Maki is strong, stronger than these two at the moment. He knew that, and so he stepped in the moment the two were away from her.

He pointed a finger at Maki.

"Dodge, or redirect it. Do not attempt to block it." Shin warned with a slightly serious expression this time, confusing Maki who still nodded anyways.

"bang"

A sharp beam of flame came flying towards Maki, it was so fast she could not even react when it was immediately stopped by Shin, just inches away from her face.

"I told you. Come back."

Shin absorbed the fire back, making it go back into his energy reserves. You see, though Shin has an almost limitless amount of energy reserves, that didn't mean he should waste it like that. Besides, If it had hit any of the surroundings, debree would've been flying around, possibly hurting Sister Iris who does not have any means of defence.

And with that, Shin turned towards a stunned Hinawa, his long black hair swaying around in the wind.

"Are we done?"

Shin tilted his head, deciding he had done enough to show what he was capable of.

Hinawa choked. This Young adult was indeed strong. Extremely strong. Even for a hybrid, a single attack like that was truly extraordinary. Was this young man infront of him going to be the next strongest officer?

Hinawa regained his sanity as Shin tapped his shoulder, worried that the lieutenant had been paralysed.

"Ahem, I have not seen enough of your abilities. However, I do not think it is even possible for you to show it to me right now. You may rest." Hinawa nodded, making Shin immediately walk to an empty space and sat down, continuing to daydream.

Arthur and Shinra sweatdropped. Why was their princess/senior so aloof yet strong at the same time? It was simply an odd combination.

With that cleared up, they continued to duel with Maki, to which the First-class soldier triumphed.