The DJ's voice through the microphone halted my movements and the loudness and shrillness of the microphone went straight to my eardrums that I almost winced out in pain.

"YESSSSS!!!" The crowd cheered in an even louder voice and I pushed myself off the balcony railings that I'd been leaning against since I got here.

There was absolutely nothing for me to do here so I started to make my way out of the balcony when my eyes caught a very familiar sight.

It halted my steps.

Or rather, my steps halted by themselves and I leaned over the railings again to get a clearer look at the person I thought I saw.

And it was really that person.

Before I knew it, I was walking away from the balcony and towards the barbecue stand where plenty of girls was clustered and they seemed to be more interested in the person serving them and not in what they were getting at all.

And when I got closer to them, the girls started to disperse and I caught a wisp of the person's conversation with the last three girls before they walked away.

"You guys can come back for more."

"Oh, I'd definitely come back for more," One of the girls answered, her eyes still intent on him and her voice, the sultriness of it, and how she winked at him before she fully walked away almost made it seem like she was talking about something else.

And my guy?

He kept staring at their retreating backs, his lower lips in between his teeth as he looked at them, really looked at them as if he wanted to bore holes into their bodies.

I shook my head at the expression on his face before tapping him as I settled on the high stool beside him. He slowly turned around to look at me and I expected his facial expression to morph into that of a pleasant surprise because I didn't even tell him that I'd be here but he didn't even look surprised at all, he only looked like he'd look every other day when he sees me walk in through the doors of cakes and creams.

What's this?

"You finally found me," were his first words to me and his lips stretched into a huge smile.

My face started contorting into a frown, "What do you mean I finally found..." I trailed off, looked at him skeptically for a second as what he meant finally dawned on me, "So you knew that I've been at the party since?"

His shoulders moved in a slight shrug, "Of course, you've been taking pictures from that balcony since you got here." And he even tilted his head towards the balcony.

"And you didn't think to call me? I was bored out of my mind and I was even about to leave."

"But you saw me just in time," He replied, "So, problem solved."

"What problem is solved? What if I had left without seeing you?"

"And that was exactly what I wanted to check." He replied almost instantaneously that almost made me veer back in shock because I didn't understand why he was suddenly so serious, "I wanted to check if you'd actually not feel my presence. I wanted to confirm if we could be at a party together and you just won't my presence deep in your guts."