Chapter 10 What the future holds

Start from the beginning

Nolan parked the car then came around opening my door making me snicker as he smirked wiggling his eye brows saying “ I'm a gentleman, ask my mother.” I laughed softly as he placed his palm on my lower back leading us into the exquisite restaurant. He told his name to the hostess and she took us towards a back table where Tom and Peg were already seated, his dad stood hugging me as his mom told us Dean should be arriving soon. The waiter set a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket on the table then asked if we wanted anything else, so I asked for a white wine, Nolan nodded asking for the same.

Tom and Nolan started talking about sports so Peg smiled to me as she asked what kind of wedding I always dreamed about as a child. As we talked about wedding things, Dean arrived and smiled to me with a wink then kissed my hand causing Nolan to growl and all of us chuckled at him while he shrugged then kissed my neck. Peg turned to Nolan asking “ So when is the wedding day?” making Nolan turn to me saying “ Yes Lex when is my bachelorhood ending?” I laughed slapping his chest answering “ Keep that up and you just might stay a bachelor, guess we do need a date, I know, Nolan what day did you ask me to be only yours back in high school?” I smirked raising an eyebrow not sure if he was like most men and never remembers theses things, Dean laughed saying “ Cruel Alexia, anniversary dates are difficult for the male species to remember.” I smirked as everyone chuckled looking at Nolan, I waited while Nolan scrunched his forehead then he grinned saying “ April nineteen, right after the Sadie Hawkins dance, junior year.”

I smiled leaning to him as he winked and I kissed him showing how proud I was and happy that he remembered the day. His dad laughed then said “ Got a date now where to have it.” Nolan and I together said “ Our park.” We all laughed as Nolan kissed my nose, I smiled scratching it feeling his soft breath on my face then Peg said “ Okay so April nineteenth, eight months from now at Point Fermin park, which has a beautiful view and space by the lighthouse, so how about we do the reception at the Kyoto Grand Hotel in the gardens.” I beamed a megawatt smile to Peg softly saying “ That would be awesome Peg, they have a nice room with huge windows just for receptions.” Nolan started fidgeting and I chuckled asking “ Getting cold feet now Captain?” he shook his head no answering “ Guess I need a best man since you ladies are putting this together with such ease, kinda scary.” Nolan looked at Dean with some man stare asking “ So how about it Agent Victor, would you do me the honor of standing up as my best man?”

I was stunned and turned seeing Dean nod answering “ Yes Captain Diego I would be honored, plus if you bolt I can step into the groom spot and marry this gorgeous lady myself.” I blushed as Dean wiggled his eyebrows, everyone chuckled even Nolan before he said “ Not happening, but thanks for the vote of confidence there Dean.” Dean shrugged smirking at us and the waiter came up now taking all of our food orders, then Peg asked me “ You have a Maid of Honor sweetie?” I wiped my mouth nodding and said “ I do have girls in mind, close college girlfriends, actually so one maid of honor and three brides maids.” I patted Nolan saying “ Have three of your guys from the station to be ready to fill the three groomsmen spots handsome oh yea in dress uniform, except you and Dean.” Nolan tiled his head so I said “ Dean gets a nice brown tux white a white vest, you get white tux with light silver.”

They both grumbled about being dressed as penguins as we all chuckled together, Dean mentioning dark brown suits him with his sexy blonde hair, Nolan snorted at him as I chuckled “ He's right there it's his perfect color for a tux.” I sat there as everyone talked and thought about the next eight months, how things will be different now, letting out a low sigh Nolan turned looking at me then whispered “ You okay peanut?” A tear slipped down my cheek as I tried to smile answering “ Yes handsome, I just wish.” he lifted my chin saying “ That your mom and dad could be here on your wedding day, they are Lex as they look down from heaven with a loving smile seeing you happy.” Nolan's dad was listening to us and softly cleared his throat so I turned he gave me that fatherly smile, I smiled back before asking “ Sir would you do me the honor of walking me down the aisle?” Tom was stunned but he seemed to glow with pride, Nolan, Dean and his mom waited for Tom's answer. He winked saying “ I would be so proud to walk you down the aisle Alexia, I can't ever replace your father but I feel he would be happy and give his blessing, I'm honored to do this for you.” Peg gasped as a few tears fell from her eyes, happy tears as I whispered “ Thank you sir.” Nolan nodded to his dad that silent understanding between them as we all started on the dessert that was now in front of us.