5K 150 20

ALPHA
{ chapter fifty-seven }

ALPHA{ chapter fifty-seven }

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and I laid young Derek down, who was wrapped in a blanket, on the table in the back of the veterinarian clinic in front of Deaton. 

"Wow." Deaton muttered.

"Wow? Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow I'm hoping for." I pointed out.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton stated. 

"He's cold. Really cold." I told him as I grabbed Derek's hand.

Deaton grabbed his other before he let go and looked into his eyes.

"You think this is permanent?" Scott wondered.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." He pointed out.

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton spoke.

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles questioned.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."  Deaton informed us.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia wondered.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton told us.

"And bad for everyone else." I answered.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night...and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton pointed out.

"Someone needs to stay with you." Scott told him.

"I'm staying." I spoke.

"I'm so not okay with this." Stiles stated.

"Stiles, go." I replied.

"No." He answered.

"Text us if anything happens." Scott said to me.