Jack breathed out a sigh. "Can we not talk about Staucey right now? That's not why I called!"

"Okay. Why did you called?"

"I told you. I met a girl."

"Exactly. So why didn't you call Clarissa. I'm pretty sure she'll be better giving you advice considering she is a girl."

Clarissa was their younger sister. Only seventeen. Still in high school. Two weeks from her eighteenth birthday. Six months from graduation.

"I tried that. She didn't answer."

"Wait. You called her before you called me?"

"You bet you ass I did."

"Well played."

"Look..." Damian continued. "Just talk to her."

"Talk to her? Really? That's your advice?" Jack said, disbelieving.

"Yeah. I mean, I don't know much about women but from my experience talking to them works best." Damian paused for a moment. "Shit!"

"Something wrong?"

"Not for me. The asshole doing 80 mph in a 55 mph zone is wrong though."

Jack couldn't help but laugh. "Gotcha. I'll let you go then."

"Yep. And good luck."

"You too." Jack spoke before hanging up.

****

Jack couldn't explain the warm feeling flowing through him as he stood at the base of the stairs and watching his amnesia girl fluffing a towel around his police dog.

He cleared his throat making his presence known.

Sophia turned towards the man at the stairs, temporarily stopping her hands from drying Easton. "Hey."

"Hey." Jack spoke. "Thanks for doing that. You didn't have too." He said, gesturing towards Easton.

Sophia looked at the dog and than back at the man. "I don't mind. I love Easton."

Jack smiled. He looked towards his kitchen and crossed the room over to it.

Sophia followed.

"So...about earlier?" Jack started. "I should apologize."

Sophia held up a hand. "Don't bother. It's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I mean, come on. Jack, we're both adults. And we're only human. Sometimes those types of things happen on impulse and there's no fighting it."

Jack nodded in understanding. "So you're not mad or upset I kissed you?"

"No." Sophia stated firmly. "If you were a bad kisser than I'd be mad." She said before cracking a smirk and laughing.

Jack laughed too. "Well said." He looked towards the refrigerator. "Want some ice cream?"

Before he could get an answer, he walked over and opened the freezer, grabbing the ice cream container.

"Rocky Road?" Jack offered.

"Okay." Sophia said. "Where are bowls and spoons?"