‣ 023 | a promise.

[this chapter contains disturbing scenes. read at your own risk.]

"you want to.. watch me play?" jeongguk asked which taehyung answered with a nod.

"you can just watch replays of my live streams, you know."

"i-i don't have a phone or anything, a-and i prefer w-watching you in p-person.." taehyung looked down, fiddling with the ends of his sleeves. "it's o-okay if you don't want to."

jeongguk stared at the boy and hummed. "alright. come over here then." he stood up, going towards his computer.

taehyung stands excitedly and followed the older's order. he watched as jeongguk pulled a chair and placed it beside the gaming chair.

"here, have a seat."

"t-thank you." he smiles shyly, taking a seat on the chair.

jeongguk sat down on his gaming chair then unplugged the headphones, letting the speakers of his computer do their work so taehyung can hear everything.

"eyes only on the screen, yeah?"

"mhm." the brunette nodded, eyes glued on the screen.

jeongguk then started playing, not minding that he lost in the previous game.

taehyung watched in awe as jeongguk played so professionally, how his character moves fast and kills plenty of enemies who are coming on his sight.

"j-jeonggukie plays so w-well.." taehyung shyly mumbled.

jeongguk smiled a little, still concentrating on playing the game.

the brunette is no longer feeling any pain. the medicine must've helped. of course, the hug too.

in the end, jeongguk's team won with him being the mvp. he had 35 kills that taehyung wonders if it's even possible.

"should i play more?" jeongguk asked, turning his attention to the boy.

taehyung nodded shyly with a smile. "y-yes please."

and so, jeongguk keeps playing and playing until the brunette got tired of watching and fell asleep on his seat with his head resting on the computer table.

━━━━

the next morning, taehyung woke up with the sunlight hitting his face directly.

a soft whine escaped his mouth and he turned his back to face the sun instead.

slowly fluttering his eyes open, taehyung was met with a beautiful sleeping face in front of him.

he ended up blushing, seeing how close the two are in the same bed.

the brunette took his time to explore the place with his eyes without standing up. he realized that he's still inside of jeongguk's room.

he pressed his lips together in a thin line as he remember that he fell asleep last night. taehyung sighed, mentally scolding himself for falling asleep.

but, he wonders why jeongguk didn't wake him up to tell him to go continue sleeping inside his room instead. instead, the ravenette picked his sleeping form up and laid him down on the cozy bed.

taehyung can't help but to blush again at the thought of jeongguk carrying him up, butterflies flooding his tummy inside and he clutched the blanket tightly.

"can't believe that the first thing that i will see today is your red face."

the brunette gasped lowly and turned to see jeongguk's eyes now open and staring deeply at him.