‣ 010 | ice cream.

jeongguk stood up, chest heaving, hands formed into tight fists with his knuckles a deep shade of red and eyes burning in anger while glaring at the helpless man in front of him.

"i'll meet you in jail." he spat out then turned his attention to taehyung.

jeongguk's eyes softened at the sight of the trembling brunette who's curled in the same spot and hugging himself protectively.

a sigh escaped the ravenette's lips and approached the boy slowly. taehyung whimpered as jeongguk crouched down in front of him and stared at him with the gaze that he never saw before.

"let's get out of here, okay?" jeongguk said.

"is he- is he your boyfriend?" the man asked.

jeongguk side eyed the man with a glare. "none of your business." he then stands up and waits for taehyung.

taehyung slowly stands up and a whimper can be heard once again as they walked past the man.

once they exited the restroom, jeongguk fished his phone out of his pocket to send a message to their group chat.

.

jeongguk
i found him already. you
can go home now.

.

jeongguk glanced at the boy beside him while driving his car, checking his condition.

they're now on their way back home and during the car ride, taehyung still haven't said anything.

"is it cold?" he asked out of the blue.

he sighed as he received no response from the other. jeongguk glanced at him again, seeing him only looking outside through the mirror and letting out sniffles.

damn. i don't know what to do anymore.

"look, i'm sorry for what i said earlier. that's stupid of me to say, i know. i won't do it again," he stated.

taehyung looked down as he heard him and nibbles his bottom lip.

"forgive me." jeongguk added.

but still, no reply from the small boy.

he was about to give up when he suddenly spotted an ice cream store. jeongguk got an idea and parked the car to the side then unbuckled his seatbelt.

"wait here." he said before going out of the car then went to the store.

taehyung watched as the ravenette left to go to the store. he wonders why jeongguk is suddenly apologizing to him. he thought he hates him.

he then suddenly remembers again what happened earlier in that restroom, how the man touched his thigh.

tears starts pooling his eyes again and he clutched the hem of his shirt, more like, jeongguk's shirt.

it didn't take a lot of time for jeongguk to buy and he's now back with a small tub of ice cream. he gently opens the door on taehyung's side then opens the tub of ice cream.

"i don't know what's your favorite flavor so i bought strawberry instead." he said, stabbing the small plastic spoon on the ice cream.

jeongguk then looks at the boy, seeing him crying quietly. "hey, what's wrong?" he frowned and placed the ice cream on the cup holder of the car.

taehyung looks at the ice cream and sniffs. "ice c-cream?" he said quietly.

"yeah, ice cream." jeongguk answered, feeling relieved that taehyung finally spoke.

the brunette slowly grabbed the tub and starts eating the ice cream, tears still escaping his beautiful chocolate brown orbs.

jeongguk decided to get the folded blanket that he have in the car whenever it's cold then wrapped it around the brunette but with his hands still out for him to eat the ice cream.

opening the door of the backseat, jeongguk opened one of the grocery bag and takes out the box of tissues.

"here." he placed the box on taehyung's lap then closed the door of the backseat.

he stared at taehyung for a while before closing the door on his side then going to the driver's seat to proceed driving home.

he doesn't know why, but a part of him wants to keep taking care of the certain brown haired boy.