Chapter 18: A Subdued Celebration

Começar do início

    Suddenly, Riddhima stepped out of her conversation with Ritu as a familiar smell penetrated her nostrils and she glanced to her right. At the same time he looked at her and stopped right then, as if all the worries in the world ceased to exist just by seeing her. 

    A smile returned from him to her. The intense gaze of the man towards Riddhima got interrupted the moment Mr. Rathi came in front of him. 

    "Welcome, Mr. Raisinghania, we were waiting for you.", Mr. Rathi said. 

    "Ritu, bring the cake from the kitchen, my child.", he added. 

    Ritu nodded and brought it. 

    "Riddhima, I know things are not normal but believe me I baked it just for you. To give you a little surprise and happiness. Will you accept it?", Ritu said with a pleading face. 

    Riddhima smiled and nodded a yes.

    Riddhima took the cake after it was divided into small pieces and turned towards Ritu to give her the first bite. 

    Mr. Rathi shouted, "No." 

    Riddhima got scared for a second hearing that. 

    Mr. Rathi sensed that he actually made everyone frightened there. 

    "Mr. Raisinghania is our special guest today. So, Riddhima, don't you think he deserves that piece of cake first?", Mr. Rathi said with a smiling face. 

    Riddhima was flabbergasted at his idea and turned her face towards Ritu. 

    "Why are you looking at me? Literally a confused soul, you are.", Ritu shouted at her and held Riddhima's wrist and made her put the piece of cake in Vansh's mouth which came to both of them like a bolt from the blue.

    Riddhima was hurriedly taking another chunk and placing it over Ritu's mouth to prevent her from giggling like a maniac to end the awkward situation. 

    Vansh signaled to Mr.Rathi for an important conversation in a safe place. Mr. Rathi escorted him to his room and locked it. In order to keep their conversation private, Mr. Rathi played his music system. 

    "Make it clear, Riddhima will not leave this house till I allow it. Riddhima's phone is under my surveillance and I have decided to place 4 of my security personnel outside this house in civilians' uniform.", Vansh said, becoming restless. 

    "Relax, Boss, everything will be under control. Riddhima can't be kidnapped until she leaves the house.", Mr. Rathi replied.

    "One mistake from our side and the game will be in Sultan's hands, which I won't tolerate.", Vansh said in a fit of rage. 

    Mr. Rathi nodded his head in agreement. 

    "I think we should go out otherwise Ritu could reach here searching for us.", Mr. Rathi said. 

    "Yes. One more thing, keep her safe. She is very important to me.", Vansh said looking straight into Mr. Rathi's eyes.

    "I will. Don't worry.", Mr. Rathi assured him. 

    Both of them went out of the room.

    Vansh came to the living room and he saw Riddhima standing near the window and Ritu was having her self-baked cake. 

    He took a deep breath imbibing the scenario. He went near Riddhima. 

    "Riddhima, if I'm not mistaken, you should get the cake, not your best friend", Vansh commented while a smile crept over his face. 

    Riddhima smiled when she realised his comment and looked towards Ritu. 

    "A new phone. Great.", Vansh said pointing towards her phone. 

    "Yes. Uncle gifted it to me. I don't know but it really feels awkward to use such a luxurious cell phone.", she replied. 

    "It's ok. You should see the love and care in the gift not it's price.", Vansh advised her germanely and added to it, "By the way, I just forgot to wish you. So, A very happy birthday. My gift is pending, you will receive it at the right time.", Vansh said. 

    Riddhima replied with a thank you and her precious smile. 

    "You are looking gorgeous today.", Vansh complimented her. 

    Riddhima cleared her throat in awkwardness and said, "Thank you. This one is gifted by Ritu. She has a nice taste." 

    Mr. Rathi called Vansh for dinner. 

    So, before he went towards the dining table, he said to Riddhima, "I will call you at night. Do receive it."

    Riddhima got flummoxed by his statement but before she could counter he left the place.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in the Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......