13

i laid in my bed reading after my shower when a knock was placed on my door. i set my book down and got up to open the door. i was met with joe who was holding flowers. i smiled and let him into my room.

"these are for you" he said handing me the roses

"thank you joey" i said setting them on my nightstand then turning to him.

he licked him lips before he smiled at me. i smiled back then laid back on my bed and picked up my book to start reading again. he sat on the edge of my bed just watching me.

"whatcha staring at?" i asked not turning away from my book

"the beautiful girl i soon get to call mine" he spoke up making me blush and set my book down.

"don't make me blush like that joey b" i said making him laugh

"i like making you blush. makes me feel powerful" he joked before moving my hair behind my ear. i bit my lip to stop my smile.

"so i was thinking," he started up again, "do you just want to spend the night at my parents tonight? that way you can just get ready there and you don't have to be here tonight?"

"i would like that. are your parents okay with it though?" i asked kind of worried

"hope, they love you. of course they are okay with it" he said making me smile

"what are we going to do? you always have something planned" i joked.

though it was a joke, it was true. since high school he always made sure to have something planned when we hung out.

"well my parents wanted to have a bonfire tonight and just enjoy the nice night since it's pretty warm out" he explained and i nodded

"sounds good to me. let me get myself and stuff together and we can go over." i said while getting up revealing my tshirt and shorts. he smiled and nodded at me.

i went to my dresser and got an outfit for tomorrow out and something to sleep in tonight. i then placed that in a backpack and picked out an outfit for me to wear tonight. i picked out a pair of jean shorts and a black long sleeve.

i went to the bathroom and changed into my clothes then blew my hair dry. i then straightened the messy waves and did my makeup. it was pretty simple and easy to do.

once i was done i put on socks and my white converse before grabbing my book and putting it in my bag and applying perfume and deodorant. i then looked at joe who was on his phone.

"i'm ready joseph" i said making him laugh and sit up. he put his phone in his pocket before looking at me.

he was clearly checking me out but i didn't mind.

"take a picture, it was last longer" i said and that he did.

he pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of me then stood up and grabbed my bag for me. i thanked him as we walked downstairs. my mom was in the living room watching tv.

"hey momma" i said hugging her from behind "i'm staying at the burrow's tonight"

"okay, be safe. love you both" she said

"love you too mrs. williams" joe said

"joe for the love of it, call me elizabeth" she said serious.

"just doesn't seem as respectful. i like to be respectful" he claimed making me laugh and push him out the door.