Day 7: Baking together

It was raining day when Jin arrived at Miyo’s house after making sure that her brother, Isamu, left the house and away from the distance. Jin smirked when he didn’t see Isamu anywhere so he walked to the house and knock on the door. Miyo heard the door knocked and was confused as she walked to the door to see Jin.

“Jin, what are you doing here? You know that my brother will kill you if he sees you here,” Miyo said.

“I know that’s why I check before coming here as for here, I want to see you,” Jin replied.

“Ah. Then come in,” Miyo said letting Jin come in.

Jin walked in as Miyo looked around making sure no one is watching before closing the door. Jin smiled watching his cute crush. Miyo sighed softly then looked at Jin.

“So, I was about to bake the cookies when you knocked on the door,” Miyo said.

“Bake the cookies?” Jin asked.

Miyo giggled softly and took Jin’s hand to guide him to the kitchen.

“I’ll show you,” Miyo giggled.

“Ok?” Jin asked.

When they got to the kitchen, Miyo let go of Jin’s hand and walk to the table. Jin watched Miyo as Miyo picked up one of the cookies that were made about a week ago. Miyo turns to Jin and shows it to him.

“This is the cookie and beside me are the ingredients to bake more cookies. I have to make them for work for tomorrow since we have to bring snacks and goodies every month,” Miyo explained.

“Can… can you show me how?” Jin asked innocently.

“Of course,” Miyo said.

Miyo begins to show Jin how to make the cookies by putting the ingredients together. She shows him that the butter and sugars must mix first before putting the eggs and the vanilla in it then put the baking soda and flours as last. When they were putting the flours in, somehow, Jin end up making a mess with the flours by covering them in it. Miyo blinked as she slowly looked at Jin.

“Did you… dump the flours on us?” Miyo asked.

“Maybe~” Jin singed.

“Jin, you are acting like a kid,” Miyo commented.

“Maybe I am,” Jin said.

Miyo blinked and smiled softly. Jin giggled and hugs Miyo.

“H-Hey!” Miyo exclaimed.

“I like baking cookies with you but I like being close to you where no one will know about us,” Jin said.

“Y-You like me?” Miyo asked.

“Yes,” Jin nodded.

“I do like you too, Jin, since that day we first met,” Miyo said.

Jin smiled brightly and hugs Miyo more.

“So need finishing the cookies?” Jin asked.

“Yeah,” Miyo nodded.

Miyo and Jin went back to baking to finish up missing the last ingredient before having the flour problem. When Miyo put the cookie dough on the sheet pan and put them in the oven. Jin watched as he was curious to see how the cookie is baked. Miyo sees Jin watching the cookie and smiled softly. 

“Cookie won’t be ready for at least 15 minutes until they are done,” Miyo explained.

“Oh,” Jin said.

Miyo nodded and went to clean up some of the dishes that she make a mess of while having Jin clean up the floor. Jin looked at Miyo who makes him clean the floor. Miyo noticed that Jin is looking at her.

“You need to clean up the mess before my brother gets home,” Miyo said, “Don’t want him to know that there was someone else besides me here.”

“Ah,” Jin said before cleaning the floor up.

Miyo and Jin continued cleaning up while checking on the cookies. It would be an hour later when everything is clean and the cookies are baked. Jin smiled as he was looking at the cookie. Miyo looked at Jin and giggled softly before kiss on Jin’s cheek. Jin blinked as he slowly put his hand on his cheek and looked at Miyo.

“Thank you for your help today,” Miyo said.

“W-welcome,” Jin stuttered.

“Cute,” Miyo mumbled.

“I-I gotta go,” Jin stuttered.

“Do you have to?” Miyo asked feeling sad but understanding.

“Yes. I need to return before Horobi starts looking for me and wondering where I went,” Jin explained.

“I understand but I did have a good time with you while baking,” Miyo said.

“Same here. Maybe next time, we can do it again,” Jin said.

“Agree,” Miyo nodded.

Jin left the house after making sure that Isamu is not home or anywhere near the house. Miyo watched Jin leaves until he was out of her sight.

“Thank you, Jin. I love us being together while baking,” Miyo thought.

Miyo went back to the kitchen to put the cookies in the container to take to her work the next day.