Chapter 34: Captured

There was a moment of silence as the story sank in...

"Sally said that you used to play together as kids, did she not recognize you when you met again?" Jschlatt asked, and Wilbur shook his head.

"Our appearances changed quite a bit as we aged. When I turned one and twenty, I decided to try and find her." Wilbur said as he shot his wife a fond smile.

"And the minute he saw her, he was bloody besotted I tell you!" Tommy spoke up, causing Wilbur's cheeks to flush while the rest of the company laughed.

"My father was looking for someone to serve as my guard, and Wilbur caught his attention," Sally said beaming. "I did not recognize him at all, nor did he reveal his identity to me. Eventually we fell in love and father gave his blessing. Wilbur did not tell me the truth until the night after his proposal."

"So what do we need to do now?" Ant asked.

"Right now we rest, then be patient and wait for Queen to do his part of the plan." Pawn spoke.

"I would like to return to Addington first. I wish for Tubbo to be in a safe place, while me and Quackity join the battle tomorrow." Jschlatt requested.

"Leave that to me Bishop," Pawn spoke up. "Tommy shall be staying here in the cabin with Fundy and Sally. I can bring Tubbo here to hide while the battle goes on." He suggested, and Jschlatt agreed to the plan.

"I want you to stay here with them tomorrow Pawn, for their protection." Wilbur pointed out, and Pawn gave him a nod.

They then decided to retire for the night. The small cabin had only one room and two beds which they let Tommy, Sally, and Fundy share, while the rest laid on cots near the fire place.

Pawn had left to inform Quackity about Tubbo staying at the cabin tomorrow, and everyone except Wilbur and Dream had fallen to sleep.

"Never thought I would see a royal sleep on a hard wooden floor," Dream whispered.

Wilbur did his best to giggle quietly. "I have slept in much harsher situations than this Dayton. In fact, I am rather comfortable right now."

The blonde let out a soft wheeze, "You must have had quite the life after the fire."

"I got to experience what my people went through each day. It has definitely showed me a perspective, that I would have never seen otherwise. It will be hard to heal this land after what Steven has done to it, but I am determined to return it to its former glory."

"You will make a great King, Wilbur." Dream said and the man gave him a sleepy smile.

"You knew this whole time that me and George being lovers was merely an act. Yet, you still had us share a room when we first visited you in Greshire," Dream muttered out.

Wilbur chuckled in amusement, "I was curious on how committed you were to the act, and we had a great laugh from your horrified faces." he said. "But now you genuinely care for each other, and I am happy for the both of you."

The pair smiled at each other before sleep overtook them.

=0=0=0=0=

Currently at Emsworth Manor...

=0=0=0=0=

That night George took a stroll through Emsworth's garden, accompanied by Sapnap and Skeppy. He was waiting for his contact to send him a sign that everything was in place, and that their plan could proceed without any problems.

"I would like some tea right now Skeppy, could you and Sapnap prepare some," George asked with his back turned towards them.

His servants quickly rushed to the kitchen, leaving George to gather his own thoughts.