Chapter 11: As Lovers Do

George took in a deep breath before stepping down from the carriage, and joining Dream at the bottom of steps that lead towards the palace.

"We shall wait here," Sapnap said, shooting George smile before glancing at a nervous Karl.

George understood what he was implying, and stopped Dream before the Duke could order Karl to accompany them.

"We should be fine," George whispered as he gave the Duke a smile. Dream conceded, and told the two valets to enjoy their night.

Sapnap shot his master a grateful smile before dragging Karl off.

"Remember, we need to act as lovers do," Dream stated as they slowly made their way up the steps, to the entrance of the palace where a foot man loudly announced everyone's arrivals.

"As you wish Your Grace," George calmly replied, as he hooked his arms around the Duke's arm and intertwined their fingers.

Dream's face flushed red at the sudden boldness of the Earl, who merely smirked as he took in the the Duke's blushing face.

"Now Darling, you should try to get that blush under control. People might not believe our act," George said smugly.

Dream's heart skipped a beat at the endearment, but he managed to clear his throat and compose himself.

This Vixen! Very well, two can play at that game.

Dream released his hand from the Earl's grip, and slid it down to the small of the brunette's back to dip him a bit. He felt a certain sense of pride when blush dusted George's cheeks.

The blonde leaned in, so that his lips brushed against George's cheek. "It would do you well to heed your own advice my Love," he rasped against the Earl's skin, before pulling away. Dream then took George's hand in his, and they headed towards the footman.

George let out a sigh to control the color on his cheeks, before giving Dream a nod. The Duke then turned and gave the footman their names.

"The Duke of Dayton with the Earl of Marleigh!"

All eyes turned to them in wonder. Probably confused as to why two of the most eligible bachelors in Adelyss, showed up together.

Dream stiffened at the attention, but then relaxed when he felt George give his hand a comforting squeeze. Together, they gracefully headed to the ballroom, which would have been silent if it wasn't for the orchestra playing in the background, and the gossiping voices of the guest, who continued to eye the couple curiously.

George lets out a quiet scoff, "Honestly, it is as if they have never seen a couple before."

"Mayhaps they are deciding whether or not to believe our act," Dream whispered back.

"Or they are extremely bored, and can find no better entertainment." George responded, making the Duke wheeze a little.

"Mayhaps we should give them a little show," Dream suggested. He then lifted their joint hands to his lips, and placed a gentle kiss on George's knuckles.

George smiled bashfully at the gesture, but played along by closing the gap between them, and resting his head and his free hand, on the Duke's chest.

Dream smiled into the brunette's hair, and George hid his grin in the blonde's chest, when they heard a collective array of gasps. Dream shot their audience a look, and the guest quickly turned away to find entertainment else where.

The Earl shoulders started to shake, as George tried his best to control his laughter. He then lifted his head to meet Dream's green eyes. George's pink cheeks, and his soft lips tugged upwards in a sweet smile, was a deadly combination for the Duke. Dream struggled to control his desire to drag the brunette somewhere more private, and engage in some sinful acts.