Chapter 1

Mia

There was a time mum told me that I know nothing of my family well I didn't know what that meant until I met them.

My name is mia I'm 19 years old with heavy curls and a dark skin .which i got from my mum she was a black Italian and my dad was a full Italian . as a child i wondered why we never visited Italy since that's were my whole family was supposed to come from even my dad though he never called or visited not even a text from him so I never thought much about him. i have always been curious about my grandparents.on what the looked like in person and if the would love me as much as I do . I knew mum had issues with her family but that did not stop my curiosity. so I decided to ask her why we never go there .

well her answers were very clear "it's a very dangerous place Amore mio and your grandparents love you so much dear I promise" so I had to drop the topic .I know she was hiding something and trying to protect me so I will not push her to hard i knew when the time is right she would open up to me .

mum said dad did really bad things in the past when the were still together so she has to protect me so the people my dad hurt don't come after us. she said dad ran away when I was still a baby and she has not heard from him since then .

well I think he abandoned us and never loved us .because of him i had my whole life in the same space. being home schooled and not allowed to have friends was not the kind of life I would have signed up for.

mum was my only friend i have always wondered what the outside life felt like what people my age would be doing i was missing out on all of  that because of a father who did not see any importance to his family .

I hated him even though i had no idea what he looks like not even a picture .

mum destroyed everything that had to do with him she wanted to keep us safe. Did I mention that I was so stubborn and curious the almost had my head when I was 16 my mum went to the grocery store because we were out on food.

I ran away i was tired of being held like an animal or being protected i wanted to feel alive to feel free to see the outside work to see cars and other buildings that was not in my neighborhood. but my biggest wish was to know how phones and internet works mum always talk's about it and how it is affecting youth of nowadays.

when i was finally outside everything was bright and wired i was no longer in the deem like room with the curtain down making the room almost black. I was outside and i liked it I walked for hours staring at buildings and breathing in everything time i pass a restaurant.

i loved the view way too much that it blinded me. why would mum prevent me from this I have been outside for almost three hours and nothing happened no one tried to attack why would she say I'm never safe outside. I no longer understand what she means by people are dangerous out there and would do anything .

turning around i had one thing in mind confronting my mum. can't believe she kept me in the house all my life and did nothing but stopped me from living a normal life .

while i was still finding my way back home because my stupid ass was enjoying the view now I can't remember how I got here or which way to take back home. i didn't notice that I was being followed by a freaking car.

when I got to my house after rounding the freaking neighborhood for hours. rising the welcome carpet up I took the key out but I felt like i was being watched but I just rob it off maybe I was just scared of being seen by my mum.i quickly opened the door and closed it as fast as i could.

using the peephole i looked around just in case. But stopped when i saw a black car parked right in front of our house. I told myself maybe it was not that serious maybe the came to the wrong address and would soon be living.